Chapter 3

Flashback:
"Chrystal, come, sit here." my mom motions toward the spot on the bed next to her. "Chrystal, you are going to grow up to be a bright young woman, and you will have lots of money....if you have the courage to pursue it. I believe in you, and I believe you can do it. Now, are you ready for bed?"
"No."
"What? Why not?"
"Can you read me a story?"
"Uh, sure. What story?"
"Well, since it's almost Christmas...I was thinking the night before Christmas." I say, a little more nervous than I should.
"Ok honey," she smiles, "'twas the night before christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse...."
Now:

I wake up, early the next morning. And while laying in bed I almost forgot how I got home. Justin drove me home in a beautiful red Cadillac. And when I was home he grabbed my hand and kissed it, ever-so-lightly.

I get up and look through my closet thinking to myself, what should I wear for that date tonight? But then, when I couldn't find anything, I liked the idea of shopping for a new dress. I grabbed a red, long sleeve shirt, and blue jeans. I decide to wear some white wedges that my friend Kacey let me borrow. I grab my purse and put on a black coat and grab my umbrella, for it is snowing. As I walk out i notice a neighbor struggling to bring her groceries up the stairs and I hurry to help her.

"Oh, why thank you, Ms. Lynn!" she says.

"Oh, please, just call me Chrystal." I smile.

"Okay, well that's the last of them, just put it on the counter and you can go." she says and while I walk out, she hands me a 20 dollar bill.

"Um, don't you think that's a little much?" I ask, only to see she's already closed the door.

I walk downstairs and hail a cab, one stops right next to me, but when I get in, on the other side is a man trying to get in.

"Um, excuse me, this is my cab," I say.

"Oh, well I don't see your name on it, so I don't think it is."

"Where are you two heading?" the driver asks.

"The mall." we say in unison. "Well I guess it doesn't matter who's cab it is." I say and he laughs, "Guess not."
At the mall:

I walk into a store filled with shirts that say something like 'I love NYC' or 'NYC' and laugh. I go to a section where there are dresses and I gasp, for I see a beautiful dress. It looks a little professional, but who said I couldn't buy work clothes too? It has a floral top and blue at the bottom, it looks like it only goes a little above the knee and it would show curves. I grab it and look some more.

I finally find a dress to wear for my date and it looked perfect. It only goes just above the knee and it is blue on top and as it goes down it fades to green. It is just perfect.