Taster (more to come hopefully)

The truth is always hidden in plain sight, In the space between the things you thought you saw and the things that were never there in the first place.

Amber, Sophie , Maddie , Abby, Chloe  and Brooke were lying out by the pool, at the club a few miles away from their stately upper class neighbourhood. It was one of the first hot days of summer, and the smell of freshly cut grass filled the air. Amber lay on the grass twirling her silver ring around her finger, her long blonde hair cascading down her back , in the sun you could see every delicate freckle on her nose and every speck in her emerald green eyes. She was popular , gorgeous and glamorous. She lived in the biggest house on their street, a modern house with dark bricks and floor to ceiling glass. But the easiest way to distinguish Amber was by the intoxicating smell of her Calvin Klein perfume.

"Which colour?" Amber asked, holding up swatches of nail polish and   turning to Chloe who was sitting on the towel next to her. Chloe had silky brown hair that was always perfectly styled, as she tossed her hair back over her shoulder ,you could see the sun glinting in her piercing blue eyes and illuminating her enviously clear skin. Though Chloe wasn't as charming and popular as Amber ,outside of school she was captain of the cheer team and was often invited to parties that Amber wasn't and this drove Amber a little bit insane.

"Hmm depends what dress are you wearing" Chloe replied

"the blue one" amber said

"oh like the one I wore to that end of year awards thing last month?" Chloe asked sweetly.

"um yeah" amber mumbled, suddenly fascinated by the nonexistent dirt on her finger.

They had been going on like this for weeks, chatting happily until one said something to annoy the other.

Maddie looked around uncomfortably, Maddie had poker straight dark brown hair which she usually wore tired back in a low ponytail with short strands coming out the front , obviously she was popular all six of them were but out of the group Maddie was the most sporty, she went to basketball training three times a week and went for a run everyday she was hardly ever out of her sports clothes.next amber looked at maddie "what are you wearing mads" she asked "ugh I don't know I'll have to go shopping"maddie groaned "ooh we all should" amber squealed. "We can go to prada and there's this new line of make up in Sephora '' and then she turned and looked at Sophie "and we can get some heels for you soph" amber said icily .  

Next to Maddie was Sophie, Sophie had honey blonde hair which she curled every single morning with out fail, she was absolutely tiny and could barely fit size xxs when they went shopping. Everyone shifted uncomfortably ,until abby sighed and looked at amber. Abby had silky light brown hair with natural highlights from the sun running through it she hardly ever wore makeup because her skin was like a China dolls ,if she smiled to much you would swear it would crack.

Abby looked straight at Amber Sophie and Chloe" guys what the hell is going on, just tell us?" she asked. "What do you mean" amber singsonged tilting her head to the side."all week you have been arguing"Abby complained. Ambers green eyes focused on  Abby " we're just joking don't be so sensitive Abby" Amber spat.

And then her phone buzzed she picked it up and stared at the screen, she was still for about ten seconds Chloe looked over her shoulder for a second a wave of fear passed over her face but in a second it was gone. " I have to take this" amber said pushing past us and waltzing off even though it wasn't a phone call. Everyone looked uncomfortable "it's probably nothing"Brooke laughed. Her blond hair flying about in breeze. Then Maddie picked up her drink looked at everyone and said "there's no way that was nothing".And everyone was completely silent.

If only they had read that text they could have stopped what happened next.