I (Hate to) Love You (Seulgi x Reader Part two)

You had been in Canada for a 3 years now, you had somewhat gotten over Seulgi now that you weren't in each others' lives anymore. Pursuing your education also made you think less about the people at home and more about the things you needed to learn. Everything was starting to become smooth again. You were on track to graduate with flying colors, you were set to inherit a whole company, and Seulgi was but a distant memory.

You were currently on summer break and just chilling in the city of Toronto. Sure you missed family, but you always decided it would be best to just stay in Canada for summer break, this year would be different though.

Your phone began to ring. So you dug it out of your pocket and answered it.

"Hey sweetie." You instantly recognized it as your mom's voice.

"Hey Mom, why are you calling?"

"You may wanna sit down for this sweet heart. It's pretty bad news." Just saying that made you anxious as you found a place to sit.

"Go ahead..."

"So listen... you're father. Umm. He's recently gotten sick. And he isn't showing signs of improvement. It's gotten pretty bad. I'm actually calling from the hospital, he's resting right now. But I thought since it's summer and your father is really sick, would you like to come visit?"

All this information was somewhat overwhelming, but you didn't let it show, neither in your voice or your expression.

"Okay Mom. It's night over here so I'm gonna hang up, book a flight, and get to Korea as soon as possible. Love you mom."

"Love you sweetie. See you soon. And don't forget to text me when you do arrive so we can send someone to get you."

With that, you hang up and book a flight for the following morning. That'd give you enough time to pack and come home.
_____________________________________________
(Time Skip)

You were awoken by the sound of cheers and claps.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for flying with Korean Air. We've landed at Incheon Airport. You may remove your seat belts as we wait for an available port. Thank you."

Ugh. I guess I'm back home then.

It wasn't long before a plane took off and your plane was able to dock. You did all the usual formalities. Passed through security, got your luggage, and made your way to the entrance of the airport, where you were to be picked up.

"Pick up for Y/n L/n?" A man in a suit approached you.

"That'd be me." You followed him and he led you to a car.

"Your mom has instructed me to drive you home and settle in and then take you to the hospital." The driver starts the car and shifts gears into drive.

"That's fine. I need to put my stuff away anyways."

"Do you know how long you're staying Mr./Mrs. L/n?"

"Probably 2 or 3 weeks, more or less. Why?" You questioned.

"No reason sir/ma'am. I just thought you should know, I'll be your personal driver until you leave. Because you don't have a car here or a license your parents told me to."

"That's fine." You pull out your phone.

The rest of the ride was uneventful, you got home, put away your stuff in your room, and drove to the hospital where you located your dad's room.

"Do you know what room D/n is in?"

"Yes sir/ma'am. And what's your relation to D/n L/n?"

"I'm his child."