Maybe public school isn't all that bad? (IU x Reader)

(1800 hours)
(3rd person POV)

"Dad... We're loaded. Why can't I go to private school!?"

"Y/n. Private school may be better, but the experience you will get from public school will make it worth it. I'm doing this for your own good kiddo. And besides. I'll be mentoring you at home to take over when I go."

"But-"

"No buts. Believe me when I tell you to go to public school. Oh yeah. You'll still have access to your bank account. Only use it when necessary kiddo. Don't want you growing up as a spoiled brat now." Your dad gave a grin.

"Mom, what do you think?"

"You're dad is right. This seems like the right call." Your mom momentarily stops eating dinner and responds.

Welp. I guess I'm going to public school. I still got my bank account though, I have that going for me.

And with that, you three sat and ate dinner, sharing how your days went.

"Hey y/n. Can you do the dishes tonight?" Your father asked.

"We have a dishwasher dad."

"Yeah. We do. But I want you to do it manually."

You sigh.

"Sure thing dad." You thought of listening to music while doing dishes.

"Thanks kiddo." He ruffles your hair and finished his meal. Afterwards he headed upstairs to the master bedroom.

Well. Dishes aren't going to do themselves. You thought as you put in your ear buds and got to work.
_____________________________________________
(0830 hours)
(3rd person POV)

It had been a few weeks since your dad decided to move you to public school. You had gotten the layout of the school and understood where your classes were. You found throughout being at school that is was a lot more laid back than private school. And the schooling was a lot easier than private school. You weren't any genius, but private school had taught you most of what you went through in class. While you weren't stressed at all, you found school quite boring and actually suffocating. On the bright side you made two friends, a senior named Matthew and a freshmen named Jiwoo.

 On the bright side you made two friends, a senior named Matthew and a freshmen named Jiwoo

You found Matthew to be a pretty chill and laid back guy.