Chapter 1 - The Premiere After-Party

I step outside onto the grass of the back garden, out of the madness going on inside the after party, and take a deep breath. Sometimes fresh air can feel so good; especially if you've been sitting inside a room which was full to the point where claustrophobic people could suffer multiple panic attacks. I mean, you could just feel the atmosphere changing once people started drinking. Then everyone went to the middle of the room and tried to dance. but there was barely enough room to even stretch your arms. I just had to get out, I felt so claustrophobic.

Speaking of dancing, when I was talking to Alyson, Joe came over and-

"Demi?"

I spin around sharply at the sound of my name. Just who I was thinking of. Joe. My heart flutters just at the sight of him.

"Hey, what're you doing out here? Got bored?" He laughs as he walks over to where I'm standing.

"No!" I squeal shyly. "I got a bit suffocated." I wink. We both turn around and take a look at the various coloured flowers in front of us. A few moments go by in silence.

I gasp softly as I feel Joe's arm slowly snake around my waist. He pulls me towards him.

I tense up a little bit as he twirls me around to face him.

"Have I ever told you how much I like you?" he asks softly, while stroking my cheek.

"N-No," I stutter. Being so close to him is getting my heart a little worked up.

"Well I won't just say I love you. I'll show you how much." He grips my waist tightly and pulls me closer so his chest is against mine. He starts to lean in when suddenly we hear two female voices whispering and giggling.

"He's going to kiss her!"
"Shut up! I think they heard us!"
"But they're so perfect together, I can't help but swoon!"
"Well you won't be able to do that if you don't stop talking! Today would be great!"
"Ouch! Sorry!" That last bit sounded muffled. I pull away from Joe quickly. He looks rejected.

"I'm so sorry, but I don't think we're alone here," I explain in a rush.

The two voices start whispering again.

"See? You blew our cover!"
"Me? Look who's talking! It was you!"
"Oh yeah, it was, wasn't it?"

"NO YOU'RE NOT ALONE! DEMI DON'T KISS HIM, HE HAS COOTIES!" a male voice shouts.

"What did you say?" Joe says sounding annoyed.

"He said, Demi please kiss him, you two are cuties!" I spin around and find Nick stood, well, TRYING to stay standing, holding his stomach and laughing, and Kevin glaring at him. Typical Jonas behaviour. I shake my head and laugh.

Suddenly, the bushes rustle behind us, and Selena and Miley step out grinning to seem innocent. Miley puts her hands up in surrender.

"It wasn't me! It was all her idea!" She points at Selena.

"Wha-? Really Miley? AGAIN? You know, for someone who has her own private ISLAND, you're not very responsible, are you?" She winks at us and nudges Miley in the rib.

"Whoops! Was it my idea? Then maybe I'm not...private island?" She looks at Selena quizzically.

"My brain stopped working, I don't know where I got that fro-oh." She frowns deeply and rubs her forehead. "I may have just ruined your birthday surprise for you. Sorry!" She shrugs innocently and a few seconds pass before we all erupt into fits of laughter.

"Alright guys, enough with the chitchat, it's time we celebrate for real," Nick grins devilishly.

"Nightclub?" We all ask at once. He winks at me. I wonder if anyone else saw that. I smile. Nick stares right at me.

"Nightclub it is."

--Author's Note--

Hey! So this is just the start, and the story will mostly be from Demi's point of view unless I say otherwise. The song attached is 'This Is Me', the theme song for Camp Rock, for those of you who don't know.

And those of you who haven't watched Camp Rock yet, I demand you do so!! It is fantastic!

Comment, Vote, and Follow!

Enjoy!
xoshriox