Chapter 1

Your pov

You couldn't believe it. You were staring at the monster that was Annie. The woman you loved was the female titan. How did you not know? Why didn't she tell you?

First day of training

"Your name, cadet?" Shadis asked you passing by the blonde girl next to you.

"Y/n L/n, sir," you yelled putting your fist over your heart and your other hand behind your back.

"Why are you here L/n?!" He yelled, some spit flying into your face.

"I want to kill the armored titan, sir!" You yelled back at him. You had been there that day when the colossal and armored appeared. The armored titan had destroyed your home killing your family with the debris. You were preparing the horses to run while it happened.

"Really? You?" He yelled again, "You'll most likely be used as titan food!" He then walked over to a blonde boy named Thomas Wagner.

You noticed the blonde girl looking at you. More like glaring at you. Does she think my ambitions are stupid or something? Once she realized she was caught, she scoffed at you and then turned to look away. Bitch.

After Shadis got the chance to antagonize everyone he wanted to he said, "Training will begin tomorrow! So eat well and rest! Except you, potato girl! Finish those laps!"

"Yes, sir!" She said starting to run. I almost feel bad for her.

You went to go to the sleeping quarters to see where they placed your bed. Your sleeping quarters were near the back along with 3 other girls. Guess that's mine. You placed your bag down underneath the only bed without a bag on it. Looking over at the one next to yours, you noticed a name. Annie Leonhart. I wonder who that is? Well at least I have the corner.

After a few minutes or laying down you heard someone start to walk over to you. You opened your eyes to see who it was. She must be Annie. "I take it you're Annie Leonhart?" You asked and she ignored you, "Hey, did you not hear me? It's rude not to respond when someone is talking to you."

"And what if I intended to be rude?" She said. Her voice is so nice. Wait. Did she just say she wanted to be rude?

"Do you have an issue with me or something?" You asked, moving to stand up.

"I do," she said before turning away and leaving. What the hell?

"This conversation isn't over!" you said, hoping she heard you.

"Do you two know each other?" The girl with black hair put into two ponytails said, "Cause it seems like she hates you." Her bed was placed on top of mine.

"Thank you for the insight," you look over at her, "uhhh?"

"Mina," she introduced herself, "and you're y/n. You said you wanted to take on the armored titan."

"I do," you said, "I want to kill that demon."

"Hmm," she said, "well I'm off to the mess hall, you want to join me?"

"Sure," You said moving outside. The two of you walked to the mess hall and got your food. Sasha, the potato girl, was still running laps. Poor girl.

"Y/n this is Thomas," Mina introduced you to the blonde before placing her tray down. You sat next to her.

"Nice to meet you, Thomas. I'm-" he cut you off.

"Y/n," he said, "You made a big statement out there. I mean, taking on the armored titan. That's crazy."

"I know, but that bastard took everything from me," You said through clenched teeth.