Goodbye Kitten

Mechi Daisuke had been around a long time. So long that imagining a world existing without her seemed impossible. Even as Ahlixegh stood in front of the woman's grave it still seemed impossible.

Despite being vastly loved everyone has enemies in this life, so her funeral was held in private with only family and close friends invited. It was days afterward that another small group had decided to visit the neko's final resting place. "It's quite cold..." said Ehligha, shivering in the rain beside her sister Ahlixegh. She clutched her summoned Shadow closer to her chest. "Isn't it cold, Squish?" The shadow nodded sadly.

"Would you.. Like to borrow my jacket?" Ian said awkwardly. Adjusting his glasses he tried to think of something more to say. "Mechi wouldn't have like to see you shivering, even if it was for her." He draped his jacket over her shoulders before growing quiet again.

The grim silence wore on until Ahlixegh's daughter Hope knelt beside the headstone. Holding back sobs by biting her cracked lips she dumped some cigarettes into a pile and started a small controlled fire. "Mechi.." Tears welled in her eyes as she looked at the words etched on the cold stone. "She'll come back... Won't she?"

Ian gently rubbed her shoulders. "I.. I don't think so this time, Lisanna.."

Wiping her nose on her sleeve Hope set something else beside the tombstone. "You can't go yet.." she said as she whispered to wherever Mechi was. "I'm.. I...." She choked on another sob. "I need you.. I need you there when I have Rag's baby... I'm scared...."

And so a bouquet of wild flowers was set by the memorial along with Hope's last pack of cigarettes.

The next to pay their respects was an odd couple of a very heavily built man and a daintily human sized pixie. "Why are we here?" May said as she watched Allen gaze into the sky.

"Why not? She's dead. I may not have liked her and hell knows she gave me a lot of trouble but it's the right thing to do."

And so a flask of acid and two lilies took their place at the memorial.

The last to appear was an odd woman with black unruly hair and a similar looking man with silver rimmed glasses. "So... She really didn't come back?" Vera whispered. "I was looking forward to our tea.." Almost as if in a trance she reached out and touched the headstone. This woman was the last one to see Mechi alive. In fact, she had killed her.

"Don't take it personally, Vera." Her brother Vincent said, holding an umbrella over the both of them. "You did as you were ordered. The two of you were friends and I don't think, wherever she may be, she hates you for it." He set a single purple rose next to the collection of farewell tokens.

"I do, though.." Vera mumbled. The rain whipped at her hair as she mentally prepared herself for what was coming next. Any day now a large portion of those who loved Mechi would be after her. Heaving a deep sigh Vera stood up and began to walk away, greating the dreary depressing rain like an old friend. "Goodbye, Kitten."