My knight on a black bike

Arnav and Khushi had reached the hotel. Reality set in. The enchantment of Thandi sadak had worn off. Arnav had gone back to work on his lap top when they reached the room.

He was irritated, 'So much time was wasted today. I will have to call Aman to reschedule my meetings'

Khushi switched on the TV. 'As if someone asked him to come after me' she muttered under her breath. She flipped through the channels when one of them caught her attention. It was a local channel announcing a land slide. It was near a place called Binsar. She was alarmed. 'Which place had jeeju mentioned? Was it Binsar? I will have to call him immediately to find out if they are ok' she was talking out aloud.

'Stop blabbering Khushi! I am trying to work ____.'

'Arnavji, there has been a landslide in a place called Binsar! Isn't that the place jeejaji and jeeji have gone to today?'

'I think so. I will call him right away.' Arnav said, already dialling Akash's number.

'Damn! His phone is not reachable! I think we should go down to the help desk and ask them if they know more'

No one in the reception was of much help. Binsar was a remote place and there was no cell phone towers in areas like that. Arnav realized that the only way to find out if Akash and Payal were alright was to go there. He asked Khushi to go up to the room and wait until he got back.

'Of course not! 'I am going with you Arnavji! Jiji might be in trouble and I want to help.' she said determined.

'Look, there has been a land slide. I don't think it will be safe for you to go with me' he tried to dissuade her.

'What about you? You think Yamraj is also scared of you, right?'

At Arnav's quelling stare, she said quickly, 'Now let's not waste time and get going.'

She could be really stubborn at times and he had no time for this. He went back to the reception to arrange for a vehicle. He was informed that there was a taxi strike all of sudden and the only option to get there was to rent a vehicle from the rental place close by.

Khushi waited outside the rental place where Arnav had to gone to rent a vehicle to go to Binsar.

'Khushi, we have a problem. They don't have any cars for rent. They only have bikes!'

'So?'

'This is a long journey and I don't think you will able to manage. I think you should go back to the hotel.'

'I am from Lucknow!' said Khushi as if that was a qualification. 'I can manage anything. But, I will understand if you have difficulty riding a bike. Being used to cars, and all that. So, if you have problem riding a bike let me know. I am used to riding my babuji's scooter. I will take you there.' she said tongue in cheek.

Arnav rolled his eyes in exasperation, Drama queen! 'Alright you can come! Don't tell me I didn't warn you Khushi Kumari Gupta!'

Arnav paid the rental for the bike and brought it around to where Khushi was standing. When she looked up at Arnav she was completely zapped.

It was a magnificent sight - The man and his machine, completely at ease with each other, made for each other.

'What is this?!' she exclaimed.

'This is an Enfield 500 classic. These are motor cycles that are generally used in these areas. What's the big deal?'

'Do you know how to ride a bike?' she looked doubtful.

'You could always stay back Khushi' he said once again.

'Could we please go back to the hotel first? I would like to get my shawl.' There were no more arguments.