xvi.

—— Bloom Again ——

“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain“

———————————

Jiraiya allows himself to be pulled into a musty inn room. Maybe another time if the circumstances were different, he would help himself in trying out their baths. He lets out a chuckle as soon as his hands were finally freed. "Yuri-chan, I must be really blessed for you to visit me twice this month. Especially in Konoha, don't you think?"

Yuri, (which probably was a code name) a loyal informant of his, nods. "I have important information to offer. There are reports of Wave being captured by Gato."

Jiraiya racks his brain for a face. A few came to mind. "The businessman?"

Yuri nods, "Yes, but that's not why it's important. The week before Wave was captured, Gato was seen rushing out of a bar in Ame. It was the same bar we had info of." Jiraiya frowns. He knows what that means.

"You think it's the Akatsuki?"

Yuri shakes her head. "No. There are no signs of red clouds and black robes." There was a momentary relief that it wasn't Akatsuki.

Jiraiya hums, "A new, different organizations then."

"Yes. Whoever they are, I think they manage to blackmail Gato into capturing Wave."

"Okay, so they have strings to pull Gato. But the question is why? Why Land of the Waves?" Jiraiya paces back and forth. Wave was already quite poor from the start, so why? What was the motive?

"That is what I need Konoha to find out." Yuri's sudden statement halts Jiraiya in his pacing.

He frowns, "Konoha?"

Yuri nods, "Yes, a bridgebuilder will be coming shortly to Konoha requesting for a safe escort back to wave. I need you to ensure the situation is investigated." 

"And why should we be bothered by this? It could just be a business meeting."

Yuri sighs and crosses her arm. "A business meeting that had Gato ran with his tail in between his legs? And running away from the bar we had info of, no less." She deadpans and Jiraiya tries not to ogle at the two perfect looking globes in front of him. They were really the perfect size. 

"Fine, you have a point. I will inform sensei of this." Jiraiya told her distractedly, his eyes were still on the two perfect globes. Fuck it, he's gonna try his luck.

 "Yuri-chan, now that business is over, why don't we have some fun? After all, you did pay for the motel," Jiraiya purs as he turns around and puts on his charming smile. But the only thing left greeting him was smoke. 

Damn it.

::

Perhaps it was dumb of her to think Uchiha Itachi will be able to help her with Sasuke's problem. Because, for one, he is still Uchiha Itachi, the man who killed his own clan at 13 years old, tortured his younger brother into a suicidal-revenge stage and is currently a member of an organisation that is after all jinchurikis. Not to mention he always has one massive beast of chakra following him around also known as his partner, Hoshigaki Kisame. Sakura shuddered to think about facing such a massive powerhouse like Kisame.  Especially since she only has 1/8 of the strength and  1/16  of the chakra of 18-year-old Haruno Sakura, the lone survivor of Konoha's downfall. 

Would Itachi even come to help his brother? Or would he maintain his psychopath clan killer image? Sakura couldn't say.

Sakura clicked her tongue in annoyance, Everything is so fucking complicated, but at least this time we know who's the enemy.