Chapter One

You see, everything's just a little tricky. To say, I don't know much, as I haven't been here long. I'm only 13 you see, which is a rather short time, considering I plan on living for a couple hundred years. That may seem absurd, but I must tell you, it's not at all. It's completely normal, and I plan to stay completely normal, as I am. I seem to get in trouble a lot, with just about everyone. But it's hard not to get in trouble when you just want to explore. I get excited by all these little things see around me, and all the big things as well, you can't forget the big things. They're everywhere and easier to see. But that doesn't mean they're more important than the little things. In fact I think the little things are a tad more important, as it takes the more interesting people to notice them, and make them into bigger things, well at least in their eyes.

I guess I should introduce myself, shouldn't I? Or maybe I'll wait and you can figure it out as I go along, but me doing along might go for a while, by 'a while' I mean a rather long time. So maybe I should tell you what my name is now. Or I'll make you be more interested in the story, and I won't tell you, but you'll figure it out yourself, yes like that last option. It sounds like a lot more fun! But maybe that's just me, but oh well, we shall go my way, as you haven't replied.

My brother Jake and I are always being chased by police along the subway, but it's always the subway and nowhere else. As we know it best we are never caught. As you should know, you're not supposed to run along the tracks. It's for our safety I suppose. But I don't really mind. I know where I'm going and I know what I'm doing, as you should, if you don't, then you probably shouldn't try, and that safety rule should be enforced. But maybe I'm wrong about that. When I began, I didn't really know where I was going, or what I was doing. So no. I take back what I said before.

Living in the city, is how I have always lived. However I still find it odd. I find new things and people every day. Such as Fresh. I met Fresh not long ago, he was waiting for a train listening to some music on a stereo. He seemed pretty snazzy, so I went up and spoke to him, we're now pretty close. I know many people in the city. But not many people like him. There's Lucy as well, we met in the orphanage. Lucy is, well, Lucy is slightly odd, but that's okay, because we all are here. But Lucy, she's different. She's been through quite a bit in her short life. When she was 3 her mum was diagnosed with breast cancer, and but 6 months later she died of it. Her father has never been a part of her life, when he found out that her mum was pregnant with Lucy he did a runner. Ever since her mum died she's been here. She's probably one of the most popular kids here, but she's different. She's nice, I like her. Then there's Leon. He's not from the orphanage he has a family of his own. But he goes to the same school as us. His family is quite poor, that's why he always has homemade costumes on. He's always dressed up. ALWAYS. And always as a king, that's why we also call him King.

Well that's enough for my background story, well for now anyhow, let's get on with the actual story.