Shower sniffles

She has grown accustomed to this and although she knows it doesn't seem very healthy. It works and that's all she needs it to do, and so for the fourth time this week she is in the shower, feeling tears razorblade down her face and into the pool of soapy water at her feet. Some weeks just get to her more than others the pressure of being under the public's eye, not doing well enough, upholding expectations all in one go. It breaks her more than she'd care to admit and chips away at her mentality. She is strong and doesn't crack under pressure she will not deny that, but today was another exception. Her sniffles are barely heard behind the rushing water, but she holds her breath when she hears the squeaky sink faucet. She clears her throat.

"Who is it?"

"Its me." She feels her face heat up and prays that she hasn't been caught.

"Lia is outside waiting to use the bathroom. She had a lot of spicy food today so she told me to tell you to hurry up." She hears a chuckle from the voice on the other side of the curtains and the corners of her own lips rise in amusement.

"Yuna, thats gross." She hears a laugh behind the shower curtains and can't help, but laugh along with her despite her mood being so low moments earlier. She hears the thump of the toilet cover being brought down.

"Yeah, but take your time. She 'borrowed' my skirt last week and hasn't given it back yet. Lets make her wait." Ryujin hears a hint of playfulness in Yuna's voice before the sound of the bathroom door smacking open rings through her ears.

"I said I was gonna give it back!" Lia bites.

"Will ya'll let Ryujin take a goddamn shower? Guys, OUTSIDE. NOW." Chaeryeong's distinct voice calls out and she hears a small "shit" before the sound of feet pad their way out the door. She released a breath she didn't know she was holding and finds her mind lingering, feeling calmer than she had minutes ago. She stuck her arm out, groping for the towel hanging on the rack just outside the shower only to be met with the drywall. Her towel had been hanging there and she knew it. Where the hell was it?

-

"You took her towel? Why? You got a death wish or something?" Lia questioned.

"You'll see." Yuna grinned with Ryujin's towel slung over her shoulder while she excitedly bounced her knees up and down in anticipation.

"Yuna~"

"Yes Unnie~" Yuna replied barely containing the joy in her tone.

"I forgot my towel could you bring it over for me please?" Ryujin called from the bathroom.

"Sure thing~" Lia raised an eyebrow at Yuna who proceeded to head back to the bathroom.

"So why did you take her towel again? If you're just gonna give it back?" Lia jogged after Yuna.

"Well didn't you hear how cute she sounded when she said my name?" Yuna rolled her eyes as if it was the most obvious thing in the world to which Lia snorted at and stopped in her tracks.

"Oh my god you're so stupid."

"Let me live." Yuna shot back before narrowing her eyes.

-

This had been happening for a while now. Ryujin had the sinking suspicion that Yuna was taking her towel. She was unsure of her motives, but didn't question it because every time she called for Yuna she came in running with her towel and left just as quickly. She didn't really mind, but she didn't want to get caught crying in the shower. Maybe it was time to question it. Ryujin stuck her hand out and felt the towel being pushed towards her palm.

"Here you go unnie!"

"Thanks.. Yuna why do you keep taking my towel?" Ryujin felt herself mentally facepalm the second the words left her mouth. That had sounded so much smoother in her head. Yuna felt the colour drain from her face and she parted her lips to come up with something to say until the curtain drew back and there stood Itzy's beautiful rapper clad in said towel, and suddenly all the colour rushed right back into her face.

"Uhm.. because you stop when I talk to you." Yuna averted her eyes and pursed her lips together.

"I stop?"

"I don't know how to make you feel better without confronting you and you wouldn't want that, right?" Oh. So she had heard her sniffling in the shower, she had heard her crying. Yuna spared a quick peek at Ryujin who was looking rather blank. "But Its none of my business. I'll stop, I guess it can get kind of annoying when-" Yuna's words were cut short when a pair of arms made their way around Yuna engulfing her in a hug.

"Thank you." Yuna flushed and had to mentally scold herself to stop gaping like a fish and return Ryujin's hug.

"I also think you sound super cute when you call my name." Yuna blurted causing Ryujin to pull back and look at her.

"What?"

"Nothing. Hug me again."

"Yuna, I'm cold." To which Yuna responded by pulling her back into another hug. 

---

Things that I'd like to put in the 'alphabet series', but have already been prewritten or don't fit go here instead :)

This was actually written a few years ago- I deleted it off my other platform a while back and decided to post it here instead. 

Thank you for taking the time to read, 

Spider