Will You Please Participate In Karaoke

Wren woke up to her phone ringing. Karl was FaceTiming her. She groaned as she answered. "HELLO WREN GOOD MORROW!" Karl yelled, way to energetic so early in the morning. Of course, it was about 11 in North Carolina, and he did get up at around 8 am everyday. "Hey KayJay! Why are you calling me?" She asked, yawning and trying to wake herself up. "Will you please do a karaoke stream with me, Chandler, and some others? Pretty pretty please? With a cherry on top? And sprinkles? And more ice cream?"

Wren sighed "Kay-" was all she could get out before she was cut off. "You and Corpse's dynamic was awesome, same with Jack, and I need content." He pleaded. "When would this be?" She asked, shaking her head. "Tonight. It'd only take around 2-3 hours and it's to raise money for an LGBTQ+ foundation called The Trevor Project." He quickly answered. "Why didn't you lead with the charity thing? Of course I'll do it." She said stretching her arms and legs. They talked for another 20 minutes before Karl had to leave because Sapnap was calling him (a/n KarlNap supremacy) and for a Mr Beast recording. Before he hung up he reminded her to take her meds.

Wren texted her mom Caroline, telling her to check the mail for her other mom, Anaya, because she had sent her a birthday present and wanted Caroline to surprise her with it. Usually she would've flown back home to North Carolina, but this year she had to stay in Southern California because of Covid. Wren frowned, thinking about how she hadn't seen her moms in months, and then got up to go get ready.

The Outfit

Wren made herself breakfast and got her meds, getting a huge glass of water, and decided to do some editing until lunch

Wren made herself breakfast and got her meds, getting a huge glass of water, and decided to do some editing until lunch. When lunch time came around, she made some Taramasalata and got a Frappe. After lunch, she went on a walk around downtown until about 3 pm, when she decided to head back. As she was heading back, a masculine figure started following her.

"Shit shit shit," She started under her breathe. She was trying to think of who to call and what to do when she looked ahead seeing two men sitting at a table. They looked pretty nice and something in her told her to go up to them.

"Hey guys! Long time so see." She said raising her voice a bit so the figure behind her could hear that she was talking to them. At this point they'd been behind her for about 5 minutes. As she sat down at the table she whispered "The person behind me has been following me for two blocks. My name is Lauren, I just need you to pretend to know me until they leave."

"Got it." The one with fluffy brown hair said. She didn't know what they looked like, seeing as when she sat down and started talking they lifted their masks up. "Hey lauren! How have you been? God, it's been what? A couple months?" The one with corse black hair asked, smile apparent in his voice. They made small talk until the figure finally walked off.

"Thank you. Really, that meant a lot." Wren sighed once she was sure the figure was gone. "It was no problem. That guy was fucked. My names Malakai and this is my boyfriend Lukas." The one with black hair smiled, as he ruffled who she now knew as Lukas' hair. "Nice to meet y'all! I need to be heading home now, but this was a lovely interaction." Wren said standing up.