Prologue: How It Began

It's finally here.. My senior year has come to and end. As a child, I often dreamt about my graduation. How I would have my whole family there; my mom, dad, stepmom, brothers, sister and her husband. But like I said.. That was a dream.

In reality my mom has been dead since I was five. My brother, Mitch since I was 13, and my brother-in-law, Abraham since I was 15. They won't be there for my graduation, I won't get to hear Mitch say that he is proud of me. I won't get to argue with Abraham about stupid shit.

Yeah... Reality sucks ass. Now, I know that you all must be thinking that I am a Negative Nancy.. But, I'm not, I just look at life realistically. I don't bullshit, I mean what I say and I say what I mean. At times what I say may sound mean, but it isn't it is the hard truth.

People call me a bitch, because of th fact that I refuse to sugar coat anything. And quite frankly I don't care; I suppose growing up the way I did has made, certain aspects of my personality.... A little rough. But honestly I am the sweetest caring person ever.

I spend most of my time helping others before myself. If I'm being 100% honest.. I try to avoid my life as much as possible.

Maybe I should explain... Yes?

I've dealt with depression and anxiety for nearly six years. Neither my dad or my stepmom believed that my problems were serious. Hell it took them three years and my sister noticing the scars on my arms for them to find out I'd been cutting.

But even then all my dad did was threaten to beat my ass if I did it again. It wasn't until my Junior year that they even acknowledged it; and that only happened after I had two massive panic attacks at school in the counseling office.

Eventually though, my problems and I slipped through the cracks once more. My parents didn't notice when I'd show up from "Veronica's" looking like a hot mess, with wobbly legs. Nor did they notice me stumbling home from "Brittany's" with an overly strong appetite and the strong urge to sleep. Nor did they notice when liquor would be missing from their cabinets.

Hmm... maybe I am negative but can you blame me?