AUTHOR'S NOTE

This is just some kind of guide to provide a better undestanding of this story. 

First of all, forget about time. Time isn't real and it makes no sense, nothing in this story is in chronological order so try to not get confused because of that. Beatus and Bethulia's dark sorcery shop is located outside reality so time isn't relevant there. If someone goes to the shop without using the proper ritual, like Tom did (twice), they'll arrive there at midnight or near that hour. 

During his first visit Tom walks into the shop at midnight. During his second visit, Tom arrives there ten minutes before midnight. That's the reason why at first Judith doesen't remember him, because he hasn't walked into the shop yet. Judith doesn't consider that Tom has stolen the book because when he leaves the shop with the book, Tom is simultaneously in the back room with the book on his hands, waiting for her to finish handling the client. 

Things that are mentioned to belong in the past haven't necessarily taken place yet. All these things will be shown with small details as the story goes on. The only moment when time matters is when the characters are in the real world, but when they walk into the shop reality becomes an abstract concept hard to define and they can't really tell the diference between "now" and "then".

I thought that it was better if i explained this because otherwise the story makes no sense and looks as if i messed up the timelines (which i did). This very same thing hapens with Malion; she said Judith sent her to collect the book, but when you undersand that, chronologically, chapter three takes place before chapter one, you'll realise Judith hasn't sent Malion away to get the book back (yet). She will at some point and it won't matter what chapter they are in, that scene will always take place in the second chapter, despite the fact it belongs to the future.

I hope this wasn't very confusing, thank you so much for your ssupport. ilysm <3