Log 1: The Dream Of Creation

He sat at his workbench, tinkering with the small pieces of machinery in front of him. The image in his dream haunting him. The man made of stars, the green glowing emblem. It was an alien...he knew it was. This world had a society of aliens, and he was part of that society's underworld. He would scrounge together alien tech and turn it into weaponry and sell it anonymously onto Undertown's black market.

There were some pieces he kept to himself for some...keepsakes. One of which fascinated him. A broken green wrist watch, that had the same hourglass symbol on it. It was broken, but it still had its data stored inside of it. DNA, it was the DNA of countless aliens stored inside of it. He was certain that if he could reverse engineer this device, he could master it. Control this device, with his will. He studied the catalogs on his computer, the list was massive. Pyronite, Tetramand, Vulpimancer, Lepidopterran, Kineceleran, Galvanic Mechamorph, Arburian Pelarota, Petrosapien, Galvan, Loboan, Piciss Volann, even To'kustar DNA were logged in this thing! And that only seemed to be the start of the list! So many aliens were logged inside of this, how could anyone use this device without going insane?! Just scrolling through all the data without giving much attention to it, he counted 1,000,903 different aliens logged.

It seemed like this device...whatever it was allowed for the storage and upload and various alien DNA signatures into a user, perhaps for transforming into these various species. Perhaps for diplomatic envoys? Whatever the reason, one of these aliens has to be the one that he saw in his vision. He looked over at the broken stopwatch he would use to time his ability to dismantle and reassemble different pieces of technology. Then he looked at the broken watch in front of him...and he got an idea. He started experimenting with the pieces in front of him. A watch that has a near infinite catalog of alien DNA, and he was tinkering with nanites that could latch on to bloodcells. Nanites that latch on to bloodcells...watch that can seemingly transform the wearer's dna.

"It's almost too perfect...I must get to work," He told himself as he began redirecting the course of his work. He mow needed to try to adapt this watch's technology into a smaller scale. Simulate how it would function and place those functions within an intricate network of nanotechnology that needed to match each other simultaneously. As he worked for months, he drew his own blood and used it as test subjects on the cellular level. With each failed test, he improved the design. He had determined that a neural interface was not the way to go. At any moment, if he was in danger he would cycle through too many transformations and burn his blood out. Then he looked towards the stopwatch again...and inspiration struck.

"Assuming the watch doubled as the interface to which the user could moderate the facilitation of these DNA samples, my variation must have a similar way to coordinate the nanites to activate a DNA sequence. The module of this coordination will be a relic of my beginnings," He thought to himself as he began tinkering with the broken stopwatch. In his designing and research, he discovered what the name of this device was. It was called the Omnitrix, something sought after by several of the Galaxy's worst alien criminals.

"The Omnitrix...a very mobile database containing millions of samples of alien DNA. With the capacity of scanning more to add to its data? No wonder it's so much of an arms race to obtain it. Wars could be fought and won in an instant with it," He pondered to himself as he witnessed what he was created. Then something donned on him...something mortifying.

"Someone is in possession of the Omnitrix. Someone has the ability to turn into that being made of space. Which must be something immensely powerful...that is not good," He realized as he hurried along, testing his new designs as weeks passed. The nanites were now being control via the stopwatch, which was being fed information about DNA Sequencings through voice commands given by the boy. Tests about this design were done, each one succeeding. So he amped up the severity of the experiments, he introduced the Nanites to his own body. He began testing on himself.

"Genetic Restructure. Activate DNA Sequencing for Pyronite," He instructed as the nanites in his blood readied the Genomes for the fire based alien. The Stopwatch controller replied in a robotic voice, relaying a message from the nanites.

"Pyronite DNA loaded. Priming Transformation Protocol," it said, shifting its display to the hourglass that haunted his nightmares for months. He took a breath, priming himself for what would happen next.

"Transformation in 3...2...1..." He counted down, and the click of the stopwatch's top button...would determine it all.

The transformation felt like agony. As if his blood was being brutally electrocuted. The nanites were reconfiguring his DNA, to match that of the DNA he had designated. He felt the burning of fire...then soon...nothing. He knew he was alive, so he had to open his eyes and determine if the experiment was a success. He opened his eyes and looked at his body. It now looked as if it was made of burning coal that was left to be in an inferno. His hands and feet were made of living flames and on his chest was a black sash that contained his device plastered on his chest.

"It...it looks like it worked. I have transformed into a member of the Pyronite race. Now let me try to change back. Genetic Restructure. Deactivate DNA Sequencing and go into standby state," he commanded his device to relay. The device extended from his chest, a cylindrical button ready to press as it relayed information.

"Nanites prepared for Standby. Please confirm," It instructed. He pressed down. He was normal.