XIV

🎶mere hisse ki khushi ko hansi kotu chaahe aadha karchahe lele tu meri zindagi parye mujhse vaada karuske ashqon pe ghamon pe dukhon pehar uske zakhm parhaq mera hi rahe har jagah har ghadi haan umr bhar

tu chaahe aadha kar
chahe lele tu meri zindagi par
ye mujhse vaada kar
uske ashqon pe ghamon pe dukhon pe
har uske zakhm par
haq mera hi rahe har jagah har ghadi haan umr bhar.... 🎶

◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽

After Tejas' speech, everyone congratulated the siblings and then headed towards the dinner buffet.
Dev Singhania almost laughed out loud looking at his son's face. Arjun looked like he'd seen a ghost.

"Dev, I am so glad you came. That too with the whole family." Tejas opened his arms to hug his old friend. "How are you, bhabhi?" He then welcomed Shalini.

"I am good. Many congratulations to the kids." She replied.

As most of the guests had gone for supper, so the hall was pretty empty. Nandita, along with Kabir and Mayera came too.

Both the ladies shared a warm hug, while the kids took their elders' blessings.

"By the way, thank you so much for taking Mayera under your wing." Tejas said to Dev.

Arjun looked shocked at his dad.

He knew!

Then Tejas turned to Arjun, "Son, you've taught her a lot. I've seen her improvements in the past months. Thank you to you too."

Tejas behaved normally as knew nothing that had gone wrong in Delhi, so he just figured Arjun must knew Mayera's real identity.

Not knowing how to react, Arjun just passed him a polite smile. Then he gazed at Mayera. She was already looking at him with an uncertain expression.

From the confused, lost emotions on his face, Mayera knew that he had just found out about her. She felt a small amount of guilt for keeping him in the dark, but the anger she had for him didn't let her feel bad for him. Moreover, it was the need of the hour. If she had told him her reality, he'd have never seen her as a normal employee.

Arjun was feeling so many emotions at once. Anger, hurt, fooled, cheated! And the fact that his family knew too and didn't tell him was making him more mad.

Now that he thought about it, he could join all the dots.

Her not having any documents submitted at the office; telling him that his father is self-employed; meeting that guy, who apparently was his brother, two days before the meeting; and why Raman couldn't find a single trace about her.