i wasn't dying

The Scientistcoldplay⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

The Scientist
coldplay
⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

Jennie,

23rd.

It was the 23rd time I rolled my eyes today. And it was only eleven in the morning.

I get annoyed by a lot of things. May it be my mom waking me up at six in the morning, my dog Kuma scratching my bedroom door, my dad putting in milk before cereal, and currently – the nurse in front of me who was explaining how my medicine works even if I was in the program for five years now.

All in all, I was easy to annoy. I was mostly an eighteen year old teenager with a hard-to-put-up-with attitude, but I didn't care.

"Do you understand, Miss Kim?" she asked,

"For the love of god, Miss..." I trailed off before looking at her nametag, "...Erica, I have been taking these medicines since I was thirteen. Just because the company decided to change their medicine name, my knowledge about it also blasted off to nowhere. So, yes. I understand. Thank you,"

"You could've just said yes," she said, obviously feeling annoyed at my attitude,

"Thank you, Erica. But I'll take it from here," another nurse said, and Erica glared at me before going out, "Now, now, Jennie. You didn't have to be all rude to Erica. She's new!"

"She's not new, unnie. She's just a new nurse assigned to me,"

"That's because you cursed at the last one. Jennie, if not for you grandparents owning this hospital, you could've been kicked out from the program practically..." she lifted up her fingers to count, "...five years ago. Ever since you entered your teenage years, you just turned into a broody teen."

"Don't call me broody, Song Hye Kyo!" I exclaimed,

"And don't you dare call me any other names other than unnie or Nurse Song. Just because I'm the only nurse that can handle you doesn't mean you can disrespect me, young woman."

"Oh, you love me anyway," I teased.

"I don't have a choice. You're here every week." She laughed at me before blowing a kiss and walking out of the room.

After taking my medicines, I stood up and went out of the room. Practically everyone knows me around here. I was either the director's granddaughter, the broody teen, the pretty but rude girl, or the sexy yet with cancer girl.

Amazing variety of nicknames, yes?

My least favorite would be the "broody teen" it didn't have enough adjectives on it. I could be the pretty but rude or the sexy yet with cancer. Those were way better.

I was about to go out of the hospital and probably go home and brood about how my life sucked and I was dying, when a nurse called me back, "Miss Kim!"