i was closer to happiness

Happinessrex orange county⇄◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Happiness
rex orange county
⇄◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Jennie,

All my life, I have never wanted to meet someone once again as bad as I wanted to meet Lisa. Sure, she was supposed to be back anytime for her chemo, but it has been two weeks since I last saw her (when she practically badmouthed me and said sorry after) and I haven't seen even her shadow in any corner of the hospital.

Sitting down, after another session of therapy, I was watching a group of friends across the room. It looked like they were close friends. Maybe, classmates?

I dreamed about how my life could've been without this disease.

Would I be making friends just as much as everyone around my age does?

I did go to school – but stopped when I was thirteen. Since my family wanted me to rest and keep an eye on me. Sure, they were allowing me to go whenever I want to. With the supervision of Mr. Park.

I was glad that I had friends before I stopped. Being home schooled kind of sucks, but I was looking forward to Fridays, where Jisoo and Rosie would come and visit me.

The two of them are my saviors. Even if I stopped going to school, they never made me feel like I was missing out. They would come over every Friday, or any day they are free.

I did tell them about Lisa, and they were all giddy saying I was crushing on this lady. Was I? Surely, I was hoping to see her soon, that's why I'm currently camping in the hospital and not heading home like usually.

Maybe, a crush? Yes.

"Still here?" a voice from my back said and I turned to see Nurse Song as she sat beside me.

"Obviously," I retorted.

"I feel like you're waiting for someone,"

"What made you think that?" shit, am I too obvious?

"And a little bird told me you're waiting for the girl who you shouted at two weeks ago," she continued.

My eyes widened; how did she know? "The heck are you talking about?"

"Jennie, I have never seen you smile like crazy the whole nine years of me knowing you, and the way you smiled when you walked back in with her after you gave a show of walking out – it tells something either about having a crush on the blondie or lusting over her."

"Hye Kyo!" I exclaimed and looked around, "Why would you say that I'm lusting over her?!"

"First, don't call me Hye Kyo you rude girl!" she smacked my head, "Second, it was a wild guess!"

"You have to shut your mouth, or my grandmother won't let me live," I warned.

"Oh! So, you're really crushing over blondie!"