Yoshikage is your babysitter?😳

You just got out of school, the fresh summer air was blowing in your hair. School had just started for the 1997 school year. Your school uniform was brand new, and you were excited for your art class the following day. Your life couldn't get any better than this.

It was normal for your mom not to be home, as she was on a business trip over seas. It had been months since you had last seen her. She called you once a week to check in and make sure you were okay, but it still left a hole in your heart. Your father died three years ago when you were in eighth grade, five days before your first concert. Your mother had entrusted Yoshikage Kira as your "babysitter" since he went to school with your dad a long time ago. He seemed like a reliable guy; he worked an office job, has a nice house, and has a good amount of money.

"Hey, I'm here," you said as you unlocked your babysitter's front door. He was sitting on the couch watching TV and eating a sandwich.

"Hello y/n" Yoshikage said as he took another bite. "There is another sandwich on the kitchen counter, you can have it."

"Oh ok, awesome, thank you!" you said as you took off your shoes.

You gently placed your school bag on the bench next to the front door and scurried off to the kitchen. A brown paper bag with red accents was waiting for you on the counter. Swiftly opening the bag, a delicious looking sandwich slid out.

"This is my favorite kind! Thank you Mr. Kira," you yelled hoping he could hear you from the living room.

"No problem, and please just call me Kira. Mister makes me feel old," he said with a slight chuckle.

"Do you always wear such fancy clothes?" You said while stuffing your face.

"Please, eat with your mouth closed. And yes, I suppose you could say I do always wear such fancy clothes."

"Doesn't it get uncomfortable though?"

"Well, usually I change after I have finished my errands. Why do you care so much?"

"I was just wondering. What kind of errands do you do?" y/n eagerly asked, they haven't had a fatherly figure to pester in a long time. It was refreshing and very comforting. They knew Yoshikage, he had always been a family friend. So there was no awkward drift between them. He was just like their dad in a way.

"Well, you know I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and I always get home by eight pm at the latest." He said as he ruffled your hair.

"Yeah I know that, you say it a lot. But what else do you do in your free time? Surely you don't just go walking around in your fancy clothes all day for no reason. What else do you do?"

"Well, some thing you are too young to understand. Maybe one day I'll bring you along." Kira chuckled as he sipped from a cup of water. It looked like he changed a couple minutes ago, he is now wearing a soft gray T-shirt and black sweatpants.

"Can I have a hug? I haven't seen you in almost a month!" you said as you swung your arms around him. He gently hugged you back. "I'm tired, " you said with a sigh as you went to go open the fridge.

"I am going to go to the store tomorrow, right now there isn't much in there."

You nodded. You went to the living room and laid on the couch. It was still warm from where he was sitting. You cuddled up with a blanket and fell asleep.