Chapter 30: Shopping

Chanyeol's P.O.V.

I just left to pick Rosie up from the hospital and drop her at the shopping mall. If I'd be honest, I don't want to send her off alone even if she's company and it's for a few hours.

Only thinking about leaving her alone in the mall makes me feel uneasy but it's not right to keep her caged in our house. She needs to breath too.

I called her as I reached her hospital and before my call's answered, the car's door swung open revealing a grinning Rosé. She's that excited?

I smiled back at her and then started driving. I saw her glancing at me from corners of my eyes and every-time she glanced at me it felt like she had something to say so, I asked,
"Do you want to say something?"

"Well, umm I think I'll tell you when the time's right," she frowned maybe thinking of the right time I supposed but suddenly I felt the urge to ask if that's something I need to worry about.
"You don't need to worry about. It's not a thing you should stress on rather you'll surely be very happy."

She could even read my mind now. I was amazed but the curiosity aroused in me about what's she's hiding from me.

As we were about to reach the mall, I asked her,
"Rosé, are you sure you'll be okay?"

After counting on her fingers she replied,
"It's the eighteenth time you asked me. I'll be okay. I'm old enough and I do have a company."

"Oh I forgot to ask who's the friend you're going to be with? I thought it was Wendy," I asked her just as we reached at the front of the mall.

"My friend, she's umm.." just as she was about to answer my phone rang and I picked up. It was an important call from Mr. Yoo- my secretary. I was talking to him when Rosé whispered 'goodbye' and left.

I mouthed 'take care,' and then she left the car. After she left for the mall, I saw the bodyguards, I appointed a few months back, following her. She didn't know about them and I was thankful for this ignorance.

Just as I saw her entering inside, I put my foot on the accelerator and left for my office. Only if this stupid meeting wasn't today, I would've accompanied her without any doubts. Nevertheless, I just hope my Rosé is safe.

Rosé P.O.V.

I'm so happy today after the news I got. I can't help myself smiling. I might look like a dumbo right now. With whom should I share this first? Umm definitely Chan, is that even a question?

Chanyeol caught my guard off while asking me who's the friend accompanying me. And just to my saviour a call came. I definitely owe the person who called at the exact right moment.

I whispered a 'goodbye' and left not before understanding him mouthing me to take care. I smiled at him and gave him a peck on his cheeks.

As soon as I entered inside my phone rang, I picked it up,
"How long will you take? I'm waiting." The voice on the other line said.

"I'm at the entrance, where are you?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, I can see you. On your right," she said and I turned to look at my right to find her waving at me. I walked towards her and I was engulfed in a warm hug.

"You took ages," she complained.

"I'm sorry, let's eat something before we start pur shopping spree," I told her and then we went to shake shack.