Hetalia OC: Ruhr area - digital

khgliejf;o,jdfkjeh

I swear i ain't patriotic about Germany, but the area where I live kinda slaps.

So I made an OC.
lol.

This is gonna be long, so maybe you'll find it boring just to read the stereotypes about Germany's former absolute economic powerhouse, idk. It probably will be though, so you've been warned.

 It probably will be though, so you've been warned

Erich Beilschmidt, he/him

I just realized how fucking much the tie sucks lol
He's wearing smth I made look a little like traditional clothes from the Ruhr Area and actually just mining areas in general.
That "I'm ugly- but I know it" thing is bc people keep saying that the Ruhr Area is ugly and honestly idk many ppl who will disagree with that since it's kind of a dystopic metropolitan wasteland but it's also a cultural capital so get rekt.

Anyway, here is a little about him:
His two curls represent Essen and Dortmund, the biggest cities in his area, when his curls are touched he gets very angry, not aroused or anything.
He has one big mole on the right upper side of his face, it even goes a bit into his right eye. In that same eye he has a second, much smaller mole. Idk I got a huge thing for moles.

He's very into football and very good at it as well, and he's not taking place in the argument if Schalke 04 or the BVB is better, because most important to him is that both are better than the FC Bayern München.

He's the half-brother of the Sauerland and the Siegerland, two siblings that fight awfully much all the time, but while Sauerland and Ruhrgebiet like each other, his relationship to the Siegerland is rather neutral.
He is also home to the "Gate to the Sauerland" as it's called, the city of Hagen.

He goes along well with most Slavic countries and Turkey, and he's just an overall friendly guy you'd approach on the street to ask him something who knows all the secret tourist tips.
Erich speaks German and can't switch to high German. At all. He can imitate other dialects however and he enjoys comedy a lot, not about other parts of Germany and the world but about himself as well since he is aware of some of his flaws, but never all of them. Furthermore he is fluent in English, Russian, Polish, Yiddish, Albanian, Serbocroatic, Turkish and he knows a little Arab, Italian, Greek and French as well, but only few words and structures.

Here are some things he is not aware of:
He doesn't take care of himself. He has the mentality that if he gets any physical illness at all he can just overdose on Ibuprofen and everything will be alright. Living after the motto "The body is a machine that has to work", which is a very Ruhr Area thing to say.
Erich is also not at all aware of his mental well being, but to his luck he's quite stable again, he did have a hard time after his last mine shut down in 2018.

He enjoys music a lot and all kinds of culture, it's the thing he lives of, it is practically his industry that gives him a purpose, he suffers extremely under the lack of culture in the pandemic, just as the other two states with a giant chunk of culture as well, which would be Hamburg and Berlin.

He is most proud of his diversity and extremely open-minded and always has been, no matter from what angle you look at it, he only exists in his modern form with his precious history because of immigrants. Poles, Italians, Turks, Greeks and many more, which is a reason he had fled out of the public eye during the second world war and had worked against the regime with his comrades.
Moreover had he been part of the Red Ruhr Army and to this day visits the memorials built for the fallen and attends the days of remembrance.

He's not talkative when it comes to smalltalk. However, whenever he gets encountered by a stranger who wants to ask him how to get somewhere, let's say a museum, Erich will tell them that it sucks there and take them somewhere else, even if he liked the first destination as well.
Some of those people will end up having a beer with him, by the way. If it wasn't for the pandemic, at least.

He loves beer and is proud of the gastronomy he has to offer, both own and imported. Especially the so-called Bermudadreieck in Bochum he likes. Bochum in general is great in his opinion, many young people and a good spot to get anywhere quickly.
The Ruhrgebiet is famous gor it's universities as well: especially Bochum, Dortmund and Hagen.

Erich is also atheist, though he used to be protestant until the late 90s.