Chapter One

Caroline's POV

If someone told me that Blake Woods was going to ask me out on a date today, I would have told them that they have gone totally cuckoo.

Everyone knew Blake didn't date, not after his nasty breakup with Emma. Blake doesn't love people, not after Emma broke his heart.

The first time I saw Blake was when my mother had decided to relocate after her divorce with my dad. Blake's house was two houses down mine, and I saw him when I was out for a jog. With my headphones in, I was so immersed with the surrounding of my new neighborhood that I accidentally bumped into him.

One look at him and I knew I was a goner.

His eyes were so blue.

Blake didn't even spare me a glance though.

I mean who would? I was highly insecure, wearing a baggy t-shirt with track pants and was anything but sexy.

I even remember the day Blake actually noticed me. It was the day after I had been accepted into the cheerleading team. I was at the field waiting for the rest of my team members to come, and I clearly remember feeling so uncomfortable in my cheerleading uniform. I always wore clothes I was comfortable in. Never anything too tight, or too revealing. The cheerleader outfit was both. The skirt Barely covered half of my thigh, and the top showed off my stomach.
Blake, who was in the football team, had come over to speak to Emma, the cheerleading team captain, when she introduced me to him. I could see his eyes lingering on my exposed skin, and I knew I had his attention. It didn't take long for him and I to become friends. Given that we both pretty much had the same circle of friends, we were always together. He never had eyes for me though. Sure, he flirted with me once in awhile, but he always stayed loyal to Emma. I never bothered acting on my feelings for him either, because I knew how much he loved Emma, moreover Emma was my friend and I'd never backstab her like that.

Fast forward to Summer break when the big bag breakup happened.
To say Blake was heartbroken would be an understatement. Blake shut everyone off, he started playing badly during game time and was just so....broken. After weeks of moping, he had decided to come to his best friend Austin's party, after much persuasion from Austin of course. I saw him sitting down in a corner drinking some sort of red-colored alcoholic drink when I approached him.

"Hey Blake You okay?" I asked him. I could smell the alcohol on him, and knew that he had been drinking more then just a few cups of whatever he was holding.

"I am just dandy." He slurred.

"Alright, you've got to stop drinking. Time to go to sleep. C'mon."

It wasn't unusual for Blake to crash at Austin's place, it happened basically everytime Austin threw a party. As I navigated Blake to one of the guest rooms, I felt his hands curl around my waist.

He's just drunk and needs something to hold onto, I thought.

I laid him down on the bed and when I turned around to make my way out of the room, Blake grabbed my hand and pulled me over him. I fell ontop of him with a soft oomph and he immediately started kissing me. Just being so close to Blake made me feel all fuzzy on the inside. We ended up doing "it" and despite his drunkeness and my lack of knowledge on what to do, it was perfect. It was perfect because it was with Blake.

I had liked him so long, that my feelings for him had clouded my judgement. I had assumed that I'd be his new girlfriend, that he'd fall in love with me, but when I woke up the next day and found the space next to me in the bed empty, my heart shattered. As more days went by, I realized that I was just the first of many one night stands. He began hooking up with many other girls, he started to become a man-whore. He and I never talked about the night that were together, and I figured he was too drunk to even remember it.