Chapter three.

Blake and I silently strolled around the park, both of us immersed in our own thoughts.

I wanted to show him the small lake that was situated deep inside the park, hidden away from most eyes. It wasn't actually a secret that the lake was there, but it was after all, just an ordinary lake, so it wasn't a place much people went to. But at night, when the moon is at it's highest peak, the lake glistens with utmost peace and serenity, which could fix even the most damaged of hearts.

I should know from experience.

The lake was my secret solace, my little spot and I wanted to share it with Blake, but before I could say anything, Blake said he thought it was about time we head home.

"You have a ride back home, yes?" He asked while we stood near his car.

"Yeah." I lied. I had no idea how to get back home, but I gathered from his tone that he didn't want to drop me off, despite only living only three houses away from me.

"You're lying aren't you?" Blake questioned with a raised eye brow.

"Yeah." I said again.

"You can get in. We're going to the same place anyway." He said hesitantly, pointing to his car.

The car ride was silent, excluding the music of Ed Sheeran that was playing. I sang along to the song, mumbling parts I didn't know and singing the parts I did.

"You like Ed?" Blake asked.

I nodded, "He has a very captivating voice. I like that he writes his own stuff too. What's your favorite song of his?"

"Most of his songs actually."

He didn't ask me for my favorite song, so the car fell silent again. I noticed his hands whitening against the steering wheel, a frown sketched upon his face.

I couldn't, for the love of god, fathom why he would ask me out on a date when he didn't even want to have a decent conversation with me. If my company was that bad, why even bother? He never brought me out for dinner when we used to hooked up, that wasn't our thing.

After a few more minutes of unbearable silence, we were almost reaching the lane where our houses were.

"You could just stop the car at your house. Mine is only three houses down. I'll walk."

The only reply I got was a nod.
He was too busy looking at something in his phone to even reply me verbally.

Tears were ready to pour out of my eyes, but I refused to give in.

I could imagine what my dad would say if he was beside me right now.
"Don't cry. It's so un-lady like."

I closed my eyes and hoped that I could keep the tears at bay, at least until I reached home.

As soon as blake stopped his car, I was quick to step out of it while he sat in his car looking at his phone.

I walked over to his side of the door and tapped on the glass, wanting to give him a piece of my mind. I knew about the reputation I had around school, but I didn't deserve to be treated this way. To be asked out, only to be ignored and treated as if I was a nobody. I knew that everyone thought that I was a "slut", that i was someone who threw herself at every damn boy. I was more than that but no one seemed to even care about that.

Blake has known me for years now and he, out of all people should have known I wasn't as boy-crazed as everyone made me out to be. That I wasn't a whore.

"Look Blake, I don't know why you asked me ou-" I couldn't finish my sentence because Blake kissed me.

The kiss was filled with some type of emotion, an emotion I could easily identify with. He was kissing me as if I was the only thing that could hold him together. Like as if I was the only thing that could take the bad memories away. It wasn't a kiss of love, it was a kiss to forget all the shit he was feeling. I knew how that felt, because I had done it so many times. Blake was hurting, that much I could tell. I didn't know why, but I didn't care.

He was hurting, and I would hurt myself in order to take away his pain.

Similar to my house, there was barely ever anyone at Blake's house too. With exception of Blake's little brother and the housekeeper that stayed with them.

She was probably used to Blake hastily unlocking the front door and rushing into his room with his girl of the day.

We fumbled to his room, and soon our clothes were all off. I kissed him everywhere, taking in all of his naked glory. He didn't have abs, but he didn't need to. Blake worked out, so his body was quite in shape. I kissed Blake everywhere. His lips, his cheeks, his chest, all the way down to his happy trail.

This was what Blake and I did best.

Blake got fustrated with the teasing and took charge instead. Blake was barely ever into foreplay. He only kissed when necessary. There was never any build up.

He doesn't even look me in the fręaking eye.

It was clear in his actions that I was only another conquest for him, but that was okay.

After we finished everything, I excused myself to the toilet so that I could freshen up before going back to my house.

As I came out of the bathroom, i walked towards his bed and sat on it so that I could wear my heels.

I felt the bed dip beside me, and I could feel Blake's arm next to mine.

I felt Blake's hand on my jawline, softly turning my head so that I would look at him. I didn't have moment to say anything, because the moment that I was facing him, Blake kissed me.

A soft kiss. We never did soft kisses.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at 8 for school?"

Unable to create a proper sentence from the surprise I just nodded.

Blake saw me out the front door and waved me goodbye. I had half expected a hug, but wasn't really surprised when I didn't get one. I was already giddy from the happiness from the fact that Blake said he'd pick me up tomorrow.

Not to mention the kiss.

As I walked into my empty house, the usual void I felt in my heart was filled with a tinge of happiness instead.

Maybe Blake finally saw me as someone more than just a friend. Maybe he finally realized his feelings for me.

Maybe I could have a shot at being happy.

Just maybe.