chapter 1

A/N heyy everyone just to let you know, ive just recently edited this chapter, i hope its better than it was before, i hope you enjoy reading this as much as i enjoy writing it :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh shit! I'm so late! I thought, as I dragged myself out of my deep sleep. I jumped out of bed, to run around and get ready for school. I didn't have time to have a shower, so I quickly brushed my teeth, grabbed my books and ran downstairs just as my mum shouted up at me.  

"Katie! Your going to be late!"  

"I'm coming!"  

I ran downstairs in time to see my mum, come out of the kitchen, with a plate of toast in her hand. 

"Up all night again dear?"  

"Mm-hm, I had to study for my mock exams today, sorry it won't happen again." 

"Heard that before." Mum winked at me, turned and walked back into the kitchen where I could hear my dad and brother talking. 

My mum was very beautiful with dark brown hair, all the way down to her waist. She also had dark brown eyes to match, she was 5ft 9", had long legs and looked like a model, all my friends loved her. 

As I walked into the kitchen everyone looked at me and my dad gave me a wink, a knowing smile, a kiss on the cheek and a hug before saying good morning. 

"Morning sweetheart, sleep well?" He asked. 

"Yeah I did thanks," I replied teasingly with a wink. 

"Yeah right, we all know you were up all night, reading and writing and trying to study, when we all know your going to fail your mocks." Emilio muttered under his breath.  

"Shut up Emilio! At least I'm trying to be normal! At least I don't think I'm better than everyone else, just because I'm a shape-shifter! Its not about what you are! Damn it!" I shouted at him, he always thinks that just because he's a shape-shifter he's better than humans, when that's not true.  

Emilio was a male version of my mum, dark brown hair, with dark brown eyes, the only thing wrong about him was his attitude. 

"Let's not have this argument again guys, my ears still hurt from the last time you two had this exact same argument, just please don't, at least not today? Please?" My oldest and most beautiful sister Cherice asked, even begging slightly. 

Cherice was an actual model, actual honest runway model! She was also an actress, she was so amazing, I was so jealous of her, she had long raven black hair that takes after our aunt Rosie, she also had light green eyes like a cat, funny because that's her favourite animal form. 

"That's fine by me sis, I've got to go and catch my bus anyway, I'll see you later, mum, dad, Emmy and Cher. Bye love you all." 

"You know I hate being called Emmy!" Emilio shouted angrily after me. 

"Ah, but you know you love me, so its OK for me to call you that," I said back sweetly. 

I didn't hear his reply as I rushed out the door to the bus stop.

The bus was just pulling up when I got to the bus stop five minutes later, I grabbed my purse out of my bag and jumped on the bus. 

"Morning, can I get a child return to Chichester please?" I asked the bus driver. 

"Certainly dear, that's £3.10 please," the elderly driver said cheerfully, he had grey hair that was balding on top. He had nice, kind blue eyes, that sparkled with life, cheer and laughter, (and made you think there was a young man stuck inside an old body.) His cheeks were red from the cold, well what you could see of them through his beard anyway. He reminded me and possibly everyone else of what father Christmas should look like, but with more hair on top.