chapter 5

Kane's pov

Watching my son walk away was one of the hardest things in my life, even harder than fighting for my mate. Because that's where he's wrong, I did fight for her, I fought tooth and claw for that woman against her father, but to no avail, so in the end I sucked it up and became like her, for both of our sakes, I also couldn't take anymore innocents getting hurt because of me, I wanted to save them but i couldn't i couldn't fight my mate, because that was who was doing the torturing along with her sister.

So I did the next best thing, I joined them, no one knows why i actually joined them, they just think I was a fraud and I was always evil and just waiting for the right time to come out about it, I just let them think it, I've even tried to change Zoe and Sherrie but they're dead set against changing, they're trying to fulfill their fathers dying wish. I just don't know what to do anymore. I think as I sigh deeply in despair, as I knew I was alone as Zoe and Sherrie had gone to find Nick to try and get him to come back as they think I'm too weak to show him a lesson. I'm not weak I just want him to be happy, and if being away from us is what made him happy, then so be it.

Katie's pov

After Nick had said that I calmed down immensely, I was a little confused of how he'd got away to come here at all, but I could tell he didn't want to talk about it, I knew i wouldn't want to just yet, if I was in his shoes. But I also knew it couldn't wait with my family asking me questions about everything, and if I was OK, I just said I was fine and I would talk to Nick after I had a shower and got dressed.

"Nick? I need to take a shower and get dressed, why don't you go downstairs and introduce yourself properly and get a drink?"

"Hmm? Oh OK, yeah that sounds good." He tried for a smile but I could tell it was fake as it was a sort of grimace and it didn't reach his eyes. I would have to change that, I have to make him happy again.

I give Nick a quick kiss on the lips and shoo him out of the room, after he's out of the room I go into my en suite and jump into the shower.

After I had my shower I picked out a pair of leggings and a purple top and left my hair to dry naturally, and went downstairs to get something to eat. Nick was at the bottom of the stairs when I came down, I knew he would be, because I had asked hi  if everything is alright and he said yeah, my mum just wanted him out of the way while she cooked.

"You could have gone into the front room with everyone else you know," I told him, I knew my mum hated it when we were all in the kitchen while she cooked, she normally sent us all to the front room to wait while she finished.

"I know, its just that I wanted to wait for you."

"Aww baby, that's so sweet, you know, they won't hurt you or send you on your way, you know that right?" I asked him,

"Yeah I know, its just the fact that, I don't want to intrude, to be honest with you babe, I don't really feel comfortable here, as I'm an outsider to them and they don't know me," Nick explained a little timidly.

"OK we are changing that right now! Come on lets go and sort everything out, once and for all." I stated, while dragging him into the front room. Just as we made it to the front room, my mum shouted from the kitchen that food was ready.

OK, we'll talk to them while we're eating, is that OK?

Yeah, I suppose that's fine. Nick sent back, I could tell he was surprised that he could still talk to me via the mind link, even though we weren't mated, he was a little freaked out by it, but mostly he thought it was cool, which was typical male.

"Katie, are you feeling any better?" Dad asked me, I could see the concern written all over his face and in his mind.

"I'm fine dad, stop worrying about me, and I'm sorry for worrying all of you, I didn't mean to." I replied solemnly, I was guilty of worrying them, I didn't mean to lose it like that, I don't know what came over me.