☀︎︎ Chapter Two ☀︎︎

{ narrators POV }
———————————
present day, 6th June 2026, 7:36pm

It's been a few months since that dinner and the gang were getting ready for Toni's birthday. she was turning 25 which was a big birthday the gang celebrated together. and Cheryl had something special planned.

they were planning to use La Bonne Nuit courtesy of Veronica Lodge. Betty, Jughead, Fangs and Kevin were currently at the venue decorating.

"this place looks amazing!" Betty chimed clapping her hands. she looked round the bar. purple, black and pink balloons and streamers hung from the ceiling, banners saying 'happy birthday' and 'the big 25' were displayed on the walls.

Betty stepped back from where she was decorating, putting her hands on her hips. "it looks good!"

"yeah but it's a bit wonky." Archie said, observing it.

Betty gasped in disbelief, "it's not!"

"is too!" Archie shouted back.

"is not!"

"children shut up! Kevin shouted over up them.

"you shut up!" Betty shouted over to Kevin.

"yeah, you shut up!"

"don't copy me!" Betty yelled, turning back to face Archie.

"don't copy me." he mimicked Betty in an annoying tone.

"oh you little-" Betty cut herself off, launching towards the red head. Her and Archie start baby slapping each other when Jughead and Veronica walk in.

"Jughead control your woman!" Archie said as he saw them walk in.

"Veronica control your man!" Betty copied.

"stop coping me!"

"okay missy, that's enough." Jughead said, pulling his wife away from his best friend.

Betty squirmed, trying to get out of Jughead's grip. "it's no use, Betty. i'm stronger than you."

"don't underestimate how strong that little bitch is." Archie murmured from across the room. Betty squirmed even more, trying to get back to Archie.

"i'm taking her home. what time does the party start?" Jughead asked, trying to keep Betty still.

Veronica chuckled at Jughead's attempt to keep Betty still, "it starts at nine."

"okay we'll see you then." Jughead dragged Betty out of the dinner and to the car. she finally stood herself up and walked.

she moodily threw herself in the car, crossing her arms. Jughead chuckled at her as he got in.

"what's wrong, baby?" he kissed her head. Betty shrugged her shoulders.

"first i was just fake mad at him cause he said my poster was wonky. but now i'm actually mad and i don't know why." she groaned.

"it's probably just the hormones, babe." Jughead suggested, putting an arm round her.

Betty groaned as he pulled her closer to him. "i'm sorry baby, is there anything you want?"

Betty thought to herself for a moment before turning towards him. she pressed her lips against his, pulling him into a heated kiss.

Jughead was taken aback by this but soon found her rhythm, smirking into the kiss. he pulled away slightly, "let's take this home, shall we?" he whispered against her lips.

"oh we shall." she smirked.

🤍🤍

it was now time for the party. Betty and Jughead entered pops, arms linked. Betty was dressed in leather pants, a pink ring front crop top and her serpent jacket over the top. Jughead was dressed in a blue dress shirt and suspenders with his serpent jacket on top.

all the serpents had been invited to the party as Toni and Jughead were joint King and Queen. the balance of their co-leadership worked great. Jughead was the Sheriff and helped keep them on the right side of the law while Toni was up keeping her family and the tribes legacy.

the couple walked down the grand steps into La Bonne Nuit, greeted by all their friends who were also dressed in serpent jackets.

after a few minutes of mingling Toni and Cheryl were finally here. "Happy Birthday, Toni!" everyone shouted as they walked down.

Cheryl chuckled as Toni hid her head in the red heads shoulder. Toni collected herself before walking down the rest of the steps and saying hello.

the party was at its peak, people dancing, talking and laughing. it was a fun break for everyone. apart from Betty.

sure she enjoyed being with her friends but she missed getting black out drunk with them. luckily Betty's thoughts were interrupted by Cheryl tapping the microphone.

she cleared her throat before speaking into it. "hello everyone! i hope your all having an amazing night!"

"I would like to make a speech to the amazing birthday girl. Toni would you come up here please." Toni made her way up to the stage as instructed, standing next to Cheryl.

"Antionette Topaz. you are the best girlfriend a girl could've asked for. you showed me that there was still light in my life after one bulb blew. you showed me the way to happiness and helped me find myself. i'm eternally grateful for you even if i don't say it, i am. and i love you. i will for as long as i live. so-"

she cut herself off, reaching into the pocket of her serpent jacket and turned towards Toni. Toni stood their speechless, watching what Cheryl was doing. 

"Antionette Topaz, will you do the honour of being my wife?" Cheryl's eyes were starting to water, but she tried not to cry else it would ruin her make up.

Toni audibly gasped, surprised by the question. "yes!" she said quietly. her eyes were also watering at this point.

Cheryl slipped the ring onto Toni's finger before pulling her into a hug. the guests cheered for the couple as they kissed. the newly engaged couple made their way over to the gang, straight away enveloped in a massive group hug before splitting off into smaller ones.

the rest of the night was spent with dancing, classic karaoke and cake. the gang had an amazing night, especially Cheryl and Toni.

ahhhh Choni engagement!!
i hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote <33
- A💋