Chapter 1 - The Moon Demon Company, a Telephone Pole, & Contracts

Shirou walks to the underground facility with Yuu the next day, however in the halls. A confrontation occurs. Shirou's not exactly sure what had happened but it ended with Yuu nursing a wounded pride, and her with a smarting bump on her head. "Hey, Yuu?" Shirou asks as her brother figure stares back at her. "What just happened?"

"We ran into a telephone pole, a telephone pole with glasses and squinty eyes. The telephone pole didn't like you with me so it fell on your head," he explains. "That damn telephone pole will get it for hitting us. I'd be fine it was just me but he hit you too. It's definitely not fine even if you are older than you seem to be! He willingly hit a fourteen-year-old kid on the head. What kind of insane person would do that?" he says. Conveniently forgetting the gangs who had no problems beating up a five-year-old.

They meet up with Yoichi who questions them on their beat-up look. "We ran into a telephone pole and it fell on my sister/me," the adopted siblings say in sync.

"A telephone pole with squinty eyes and able to hit a fourteen-year-old on the head. I mean who does that?" growls Yuu as Yoichi laughs. Shinoa on the other hand takes great pleasure in rubbing in their tardiness.

"Yuu calm down. You don't need to beat them physically, if you have energy to spare I'm always up for a spar or two," suggests Shirou as Yuu cringes in terror.

"No way, you're still so inhumanly strong and fast. You managed to punch a vampire noble at ten, I mean really! Ten! He was even in midair!" complains Yuu as Yoichi gapes.

"It isn't that big of a deal. I mean it would've been great if I could've busted the skull of that piece of sadistic shit," Shirou says cheerily as she releases a bloodthirsty aura. Both Shinoa and Yoichi tremble in terror. While Yuu was just used to his sister's frightening bloodlust already.

"If you just want to beat all their asses then use a sword or bow, heck even some kind of weapon. You are still too good at using those, I can't even last for more than ten seconds when you're holding back," Yuu snorts. "Those bloodsuckers will be massacred the moment you decide to fight them seriously."

They stand at the front as Guren introduces them.

"So the reason why I, your homeroom teacher, is here today is...because...we have three transfer students."

"You know, homeroom teachers are supposed to show up every day," says Shinoa and Shirou in unison. One with a tone of gentle chiding, the other of mockery.

"Please shut up," Guren says. He doesn't want to be mean to Shirou but he kind of wants to be mean to Shinoa so he settles for a happy medium.

"Now as I was saying, these are Yuuichiro, Yoichi, and Shirou. The idiot, the crybaby, and the weapon-nut, respectively," the three of them protest while Shirou just flushes, embarrassed. "Introduce yourselves or whatever," Guren orders. Yuu scoffs.

"No thanks, I'm not here to make friends," he says while Shirou tries to placate his temper.

"Yuu, try to play nice. Beating up people, or challenging them will just be a repeat of what happened with the local yakuza," she tries to reason which makes him quickly pale.

"Fine, just don't do that thing," he says. Shirou smiles at him which makes him look away. "I'm only doing it because you threatened to bash my head in with math if I don't," he scoffs.

"You still act like a tsundere. It was cute when we were kids but now it's just going to get you misunderstood, ne, Yuu-nii?" Shirou says. Yuu just huffs.

"I'm still going to be the best out of all these losers, stupid Shirou," he mumbles. Guren just sighs exhaustedly while Shinoa snickers. Yoichi and the class just look confused.