The Break

The young boy laid in the bare room he was locked in. This HAD to be worse than staying in those protection camps. Sure, he was given a phone, but now that being on it was the ONLY thing he could do, it wasn't any fun anymore. This room seemed like a light abyss to him. Blank white walls. Blank white flooring. Blank white bedding. Even his phone was white! Everything was so blank and boring. If he had to live like this too much longer he was going to go as insane as his father! That's why he's locked in here. To be controlled. They all assumed his father's legacy and insanity would carry on to him. But it hadn't! He was a great person, and would never hurt a fly unless it hurt someone close to him. And yet he was stuck here.

He looked at his phone, which had just gotten a notification. He groaned and rolled over to the nightstand next to his bed and grabbed it.

'Hey Germany! Uh, is today one of the days you're allowed a break?'

It was Italy. Germany huffed and responded.

'I don't know, but I doubt the authorities would allow me to visit anyone anyway'

'Damnit. Maybe you could sneak out?'

'I don't know about that'

'Just say you're staying out for the day.'

'Fine!'

Germany pulled himself out of the bed. "It's time when the sun usually sets, Italy. I would say it's sunset, but I don't have a window to fact check myself. Why is NOW when you choose to hang out with me?" He groaned. "I seriously don't understand you sometimes. I love you, but you're really dumb at some moments." He got on a jacket and knocked on the door, which was locked "heyyy you annoying creeps who watch me every second of the day, can I leave for a bit? You usually let me go once every 2 weeks"

The door unlocked and he slowly walked out.

He didn't know he was being followed. And by Russia, of all people. Russia's was a bit obsessive over him. And he had no clue.

And Russia had no idea that Germany already liked someone.

Russia creeped around, making sure to catch where exactly Germany was headed. Now HE belonged here. Germany, not so much. The tall creep followed the shorter and watched every step he took. 'Maybe I can tell him how I feel!' The Russian thought to himself. He noticed Germany walking toward a cafe and continued to follow.

Germany pulled out his phone.

'Alright, I'm at the cafe, you here yet?'

'Just arrived'

Germany jumped as Italy popped up behind him and yelled "Boo!"

"SCHEIßE- Oh Italy it's you" he huffed.

Italy giggled "haha!" he grabbed Germany's hand, who was slightly taller than him. "So we going in orrr what?" 

Russia grunted under his breath "OF COURSE HE'S WITH ITALY" He growled "I can't believe this! When I finally build up the courage to tell the person I like how I feel, they're already taken." Russia didn't know they weren't dating yet. He stomped back to the containment area angrily.