Chapter 10 - Quetzel the Elegant

Locke and Zell finally makes it up to the upper deck on Quetzel's ship. They even see Quetzel herself severely beating up Concordia and her pet. Before they can engage with Quetzel and her first mates, Locke and Zell have to deal with the lowly pirates on the deck first.

"Get out of our way!" Locke yells.

"Some can't wait to die!" said Zell, wielding his sword against the pirates.

The slaves who are cleaning the upper deck are witnessing the two brave men standing up to the menacing thugs. When Locke quickly dispatches two of the pirates, one of the enslaved passengers stop what he is doing and slams the broom on the floor. The other slaves do the same. It would seem that their courage is rubbing on them a little bit.

Zell impales a pirate in the guts with his sword, then he lifts the hooligan in the air and throws him into the sea. Zell then decapitate another pirate who is trying to avenge his friend that was thrown into the sea. "Better luck next time!" Once the lower ranking pirates are taken care of, Locke and Zell hurries to Concordia.

Piers, Bonnie, and Jason see that the two men are coming for Concordia. The first mates prepare themselves to attack them, but Quetzel stops them.

"Captain?" said Piers.

"They are coming after us!" Bonnie protested.

"I want to have some fun with them," said Quetzel, cracking her knuckles in anticipation.

The three first mates look at each other, clearing not understanding her madness, but did what she says. She even order them to release Concordia and her pet from their bindings, so she can challenge them as well. Once they are freed, Concordia quickly grabs her ball seal and runs over to Locke and Zell. Even though she is hurt, Locke gives her a piercing glare, while Zell remains indifferent.

"Um...hey! We meet again!" said Concordia, trying to get on Locke's good side, but it's not working.

"I see that Mad-Eyes gave you one hell of a beating..." said Locke, folding his arms.

"Look! I know I fucked up, okay..." Concordia pleads to Locke. "But, now's not the time for this."

"You're right..." Locke retorts. "We don't have time for this." He gives back her gun, which shocks her. "Don't think I have forgiven you just because we're fighting a common enemy!"

Zell adds his opinion to the matter, "I was hired by a noble family to bring you in and retrieve the Diamond Heart." Concordia's heart skips a beat after hearing that from Zell. "However, since Locke is most likely will be against that idea, looks like I have no choice but to fight alongside you. Just don't get any ideas of stabbing us in the back or I will kill you myself."

"All right, already!" said Concordia, heeding his warning.

"Muu..." said Spheel, worried about his owner.

"Don't worry about me, Spheel," said Concordia. "Go hide."

Spheel did as she say and hops further away from the scene. Now, it is just Locke, Concordia, and Zell versus Quetzel, who leaps from where she was and lands in front of them.

Quetzel's first mates watches the trio get into their battle stances.

"This oughta be good!" Bonnie snickered.

Before she fights Locke and the other two, Quetzel taunts Locke, "I see you made a few new friends since we last met."

"What do you care?" he shot back.

"Hahahaha!" laughed Quetzel.

Concordia looks on in confusion, 'Do they know each other?'

"Not only you stole from us last time we met," Quetzel begins to speak again. "You even have the nerve to get in our way again and killed many of my men!"