𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑇𝑟𝑢𝑡ℎ 𝐴𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑒𝑠

⚠︎︎TW// Mention of nightmares and Intrusive thoughts⚠︎︎

"Father!" Techno yells. They had been at war for weeks, and he brought his best soldier. His own son. "Father, are you okay?! Where are you hurt?" Techno screams frantically. "It's alright son, I knew my time would catch up to me.." "What are you talking about?! You're gonna be fine." They were hiding away so no one was really near them. Techno knew but didn't want to believe it. "You'll be the new blood god, take care of your mother for me, okay?" Techno was mortified, his father was bleeding out in his arms.

"No no, you can't leave us. Who will lead?!" "You will of course, you're the blood prince.. Time to be the god." His father finishes before he slowly starts to fall asleep.. forever. Techno holds him close. "I swear to you, I will protect us and those I love." He starts to run back into action, almost slaughtering everyone in his eyesight. 'Kill' 'Blood god' 'Blood' 'Blood for the blood god' He heard voices all around him. "Wake up." The final voice said.

He woke up screaming and in a frantic state. Dream stepped back. "Technoblade, are you ok?" He doesn't respond, just trying to calm down for now and says, "Yes, yes I'm alright. Just a not so good dream is all.." "Was it a nightmare?" Dream asks. He slightly nods. "I-I should get ready." Dream nods but still slightly worried.

"Oh and here's your royal cape." "No no it's fine, you can keep it." "But it's yours and you won't have one." Techno thinks for a second. "Actually, I have quite a few in my wardrobe, come see if you like any." He opened it and there was at least one of every color. "Now you can choose one, I do have this which is a dark green kinda turquoise color." Dream nods. "I like that one." "Brilliant, You look good with it." He slightly smiles. Dream thanks him before leaving the room and back to his.

'I hope he's ok.' Dream thought. 'Woah woah woah.. Why would I care about stupid nightmares.' He replied to himself. He shook it off before going to the window and looking outside. 'Snow is quite pretty..' He decided to read a book he found in Techno's room. It was about the reality behind words, and was a poetry book. He opened and was slightly surprised how deep it was. 'I just might like this.' He said. Holding the flower from yesterday in hand.

Meanwhile in Techno's room, he was still thinking about the dream. It bothered him so much. 'Why think about that now.' He thought. He shook it off and headed to the bathroom to bathe and get ready. The servants were there probably cleaning up from Dream. "Can you run me some water please." He asked and of course, they complied.

He started removing his shirt and his hair from a bun. His hair was so long, down to his hips. He studied himself in the mirror. His scar over his left eye. His sharp teeth. His blood red eyes. 'I look like a monster.. don't I.' He thought still tracing his most visible scar. "Prince Technoblade, your water is ready." He nods at the servants as they leave and gets in.

He did his normal routine. Bathed himself, washed his hair, overthink, once out he brushed his teeth, tried to slightly dry his hair, and get ready for the day. He thought back to the dream again. The day he lost his father, and got his scar. He felt melancholy. 'Maybe I really am not the perfect person for Dream' He thought, exiting the bathroom. He went to his room to put on his cape and cologne.

He started walking towards the kitchen to see Drista. "Good morning little one." He says. "Hey! I'm not that small." "You are compared to me." "I will literally fight you." She said. "Okay then. Come and catch me." Techno said and started sprinting down the hallway. Drista is a little far behind him. He decided not to use his full speed to make it a little more fair.

They ran into the dining room first just going in circles, they even hopped on the table. Then he headed back to the throne room and as a distraction Techno took off his cape and dropped it infront of her, which did slightly slow her down. Then started running to Techno and Dreams hallway. When running down, Dream was outside his door with the book in hand. "Morning." They both said in unison. Dream sat there confused but amused.

That was until Techno stopped and started chasing Drista. She started running for her life really. "Dream help!" She said passing him again. Dream started laughing and placed the book down to chase Techno down. Dream eventually did catch up and tried to reach for Techno. And eventually he did catch him and pulled him back, and when Drista saw he pushed him back more, as well as ran away after. The way they landed was quite surprising to them both.

"Well this is quite nice.~" Techno says. He was on top of Dream with his hands either side of his hand and his legs either side of Dreams. His cheeks started to flail up. He was almost as red as Techno's cape. "No need to get embarrassed darling, it's just me.~" "Shut up idiot." Techno smiles as he starts to get up and grabs Dreams hand to help him up.

"So, do you want to eat breakfast?" Techno asked. "Sure, I'll go get my parents." They went seperate ways and eventually back into the kitchen room to start eating together. "So we have an exciting announcement for you both." Dreams mother said. They looked at her as she says, "We're hosting a ball for you both tomorrow night!" She said excitedly. Both Dream and Techno stared at eachother until Dream said, "What do you mean 'for us'." He asked. "Well you two are arranged to be wed so I think that's safe to say." She replied with a smile. "Great." Dream says sarcastically. "Shall I get a dance with you dear." "Nope." Dream replies with a smile. His mother looked at him slightly upset. "Come on, it won't be so bad, Techno is an amazing dancer." Technos mother said. Dream finally replied with a maybe and continued to eat.

After breakfast they went back to their rooms. "Do you know what you're going to wear?" Techno asked him. "Hmm, not yet." "I can help." He states. Dream looked at him before he opened the door for them both. They were looking for cloths for a really long time. "I think I like this one." Dream said. "That looks great on you." Techno says. "Here, you should wear these obsidian earrings with it. Maybe a bracelet too." "Yeah that might work." "Can you help me with mine?" Techno asked. Dream agreed and headed to his room.

"Maybe I should wear some of the same colors as you.~" "Even then, I would look way better than you pig boy." "Agreed." Techno says. They still looked for a while. They decided on this on a black with some green and gold accessories. "Thank you dear." Techno said. "Whatever." Dream replied. He headed towards the balcony and stepped outside. The bright sun against the glistening snow was so beautiful. He loved it.

Soon Techno followed him out and was suddenly hit with something cold. Dream threw a snowball at him. "I see how it is." As Techno also started to pick up snow and started throwing it back at him. They went back and forth for a while laughing and genuinely having fun. Until Dream stopped for a second and just smiled. And Techno threw a snowball at him catching him off guard. He slipped and fell on his butt with a loud kind of noise. Techno immediately stopped and went up to him.

"Are you okay darling, I didn't mean to do that." "Yeah it's fine, I wasn't focusing." He replied. Techno helped him and and kissed his hand. "Glad you're okay." He says. Dream blushed immediately which made Techno smile. "Well I need to do my studies which might be boring to you if you want to leave." "Yeah I want to catch up a bit on reading." Dream says.

He walked out his room and went to his. 'Why did I feel like that when he kissed my hand?!' Dream thought. 'Doesn't matter, right?' He got up and tried to do read his book and looked at the flower he was using as a bookmark and smiled. Then went back to reading. 'This is going to be an interesting few months.' He thought and looked back outside to the beautiful snow. It was quite the eternal winter..