Got Food Poisoning (8)

March 18 at 1:03 pm

—————

From: Peter Montgomery

To: Micah Doon

—————

Hi Micah,

Yeah, I heard the fire was due to some brat trying to prove some stupid theory with the laser cutter machine, even though he's obviously not qualified. Some kids just need to realize they aren't god's gifts to physics. I would have taught him that if he was my student.

My research was unaffected, luckily. I'm in my final year of my direct-entry PhD studying Climate and Atmospheric Sciences. I've been monitoring atmospheric change in the North Pole by tracking ozone depletion, air quality and climate change. It's pretty interesting, especially since I get to go up to the North Pole for a few months every year.

Oh that's interesting, any particular reason you haven't had steak before? And in regards to it being like a hockey-puck, that's generally considered a bad thing since it means it's been cooked to the point of being tough and flavourless, whereas a good steak should be tender and actually taste like meat, haha. 

I guess you could say I'm a carnivore, I usually have meat most days. I've given being a vegetarian a try before and it wasn't for me, though being a pescatarian worked pretty well but fish can get expensive so I just went back to eating everything.

The taste of vinegar is alright, I'm more a fan of white vinegar than other types (and apple cider vinegar is literally liquid awfulness), but mainly in moderate amounts, drinking vinegar sounds awful tbh. Though carbonation does make everything better so maybe you're onto something there.

Oh that's rough. I'm mildly allergic to peanut butter, but even then it doesn't upset my stomach, just causes some other effects like chest and throat constriction, some swelling, etc. Definitely glad it's only the one allergy though. Are you allergic to anything?

But cheese is so good!! How can you not like cheese!

Cheers,

Peter