𝐎𝐍𝐄.

"𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒅 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒓?"
𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕; 700
𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔; none
𝒂/𝒏; yoyoyo first chapter pog ‼️ keep in mind this chapter is mainly world building and that our favourite golden boy will appear next chapter :)
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

as you set your arm down on the hard bench covered in flyers and menus, their brain was somewhere else. Your eyes slowly scanning across the dimly lit café walls, with polaroid's and fake ivy hung across them all, presumably to make the café more popular online.

The café was a very mundane place to work- sure, the pay was decent, anything to help pay off the student debt- customers came in every so often, always getting a latte with almond milk and going on their merry way. Even if the work was boring, you had nice co-worker's who would cover any shifts you needed them to, and were always on time. The café was peaceful. Most of the time you could get the needed homework done on your breaks, and even sometimes if you were scheduled alone, during your work hours when customers weren't in.
the café was like all the others in north Carolina, small, eco friendly, had a mostly vegan menu, and had a theme you could only describe as "soft girl meets 2010 Pinterest".

You knew how to make every drink pretty well with the exception of mocha frappes because the machine was broken half the time, and of course the latte and iced coffee were your specialties from habit. You loved your job, you really did.

of course, except these days.

Work had been especially gruelling today- there was an old woman who got angry at you for "adding too much milk" in her coffee, teen girls being that bit too loud while you had a raging headache, and the bubble-gum at the front had run out, meaning you needed to call your manager to get an order in, which took much longer than it should have.

Lets just say you were grateful to be on the bus home.
You loved the bus rides, you have since you were a kid- they provided a sense of calm, a time where nobody else was involved, just you and your music. The ride home was peaceful thank god, and as you rounded the corner of your street you pressed the button and your little bubble was popped. Stepping back into the real world, you made your way down the street to your apartment complex.

The apartment you shared with your close friend deb wasn't extravagant, it was decently average. a small, crowded kitchen with tupperware floating around in all of the cupboards, two small bedrooms that for some reason were on opposite ends to the apartment, a tiny bathroom that had absolutely no water pressure, and a living area with a laptop monitor as a TV hooked up to deb's MacBook from 2012.

Walking up the stairs to your apartment, absolute horror fills your mind-
it was your dinner night. a flurry of swears flew out your mouth, sending a quick text to your roommate apologising and asking what takeout she wants.

𝐲/𝐧 <3
hey debs im so fucking sorry i had a super stressful day at work and i ended up not being able to pick up any food- what takeout do you want?? all on me ofc

𝐃𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐲 𝐩𝗼𝗼 💞
ofc its fine i understand!! <3
also pls im craving chick fil'a I would cry

giving the message a quick thumbs up, you open door dash and quickly order all the food for tonight.
opening the door, you quickly plop your bags on the rack and put your shoes by the door and walk to the back of the apartment which held your room and the living room.
opening the door, you're immediately greeted by the soft smell of long gone incense and candles, and by the piles of clothes sitting around the floor.
plopping down on your bed, you were thinking of nothing in particular, yet everything at the same time.

life was so boring.
you got up at ungodly hours of the morning to take a shower, then take the forty minute bus ride to your job, be harassed by teenagers and adults alike all day, walk back to the bus stop in what almost always was rain, take the forty minute bus back home, and if its a tuesday, thursday, or sunday cook dinner, and go to bed thinking about everything all over again.

you wanted something new. something, someone to help you get through the mundane days.

and little did you know, you would.