Winter Break

It was winter.

He inhaled and exhaled. His breath came out condensed from the cold air. 

He felt the squeeze of her hand. He turned his head to the person next to him, his eyes widened slightly before returning to normal as he squeezed back.  

Izuku Midoriya was standing in front of the overwhelming residence of Momo Yaoyorozu.  

"Well, Izuku should we head inside?" 

The gates screeched open as they walked the path to the empty home. 

Once inside, their steps echoed throughout the halls as they walked. 

Momo played with that loose strand of hair as she talked, trying to sound casual, "My parents are spending the holidays overseas, so we don't have to worry..." 

"O-Oh," He understood the implications but also knew that neither of them had the courage to outright say it.

He looked down at the hand that was still clasped to his. He gulped down his dry throat as they reached the door to her room. 

She opened it with a tender click, guiding them in. Once inside her room their hands broke apart. He glanced around the huge hollow room. 

"Is something wrong?" She asked, placing the palm of her hand on her cheek with a pondering look. 

He shook his head with a barely audible chuckle. "No, nothing, it's just weird being in this room with you, again." Because it was the room where Izuku got his first kiss.  

Her lips raised ever so slightly, understanding what he was referring to. "It was before we all moved to the dorms..." 

"Yeah..."

She let her beloved sigh, before sitting on her bed smoothing over the spot next to her, inviting him to sit besides her. He did but he was nervous. She could tell because so was she. It was as if their thoughts had synced, because although neither of them had stated their true meaning for wanting to be together, the silence spoke how they felt. 

He let out a shaky breath, rubbing his hands over his fidgeting knees trying to calm himself. 'Last time, it was in the heat of the moment but now it's completely different, I actually have to make a move!" 

She giggled. 

"Huh? Momo?"

She covered her mouth with her hand as she attempted to speak. "Pardon Izuku, but I don't think you realized you were doing one of your ramblings." 

Izuku blushed once he realized he had accidentally let out his thoughts. He scratched his cheek feeling like a complete idiot in front of her. 

Although her hand clasped with his again, laying over his lap. Momo had stopped laughing but still maintained her smile.

"Izuku, I was thinking, to make it easier on both of us, we can just pretend." She tilted her head and her loose strand of hair fluttered across. 

"Pretend?"

"Yes, pretend. We both have a tendency to overanalyze and overthink things. So it would be easier if we didn't have to think about it, right?"

"I guess that makes sense." He agreed with her logic because she did have a point about overthinking. "So wait, what are we pretending?" 

She leaned against him, her thumb rubbing over his knuckle as she seemingly stared off before replying, "That we actually had the courage to take the next step, the day we kissed...." And there was a sincerity in her voice that couldn't be fabricated.                                       

"Oh..." He cleared his throat. "O-Okay, Momo," He let his voice trail off.  

She told herself it was pretend and that it was okay to ask him because he was Izuku and for winter break he would be hers and only hers.  

"Ne Izuku, you'll keep me warm, right..?"