xi. just one more,

۪ 𖥔 ˑ ִ ֗ ִ ۫ ˑ ۪ 𖥔 ˑ ִ ֗ ִ ۫ ˑ ۪ 𖥔 ˑ ִ ֗ ִ ۫ ˑ
( Nine - War of hearts )
CW : blood, vomit

HUNGRILY THE CREW of beastly pirates slashed at every moving thing. Lost boys cried out for help, often for the mothers they never knew. Most of them cried out of Autumn, for she was their mother figure and wanted her to be by their side until they drew their last breath.

The war was not for the faintest of hearts. Each yell of agony filled Autumn's ears, great sorrow filled her heart. Swishing left and right, fighting like how Peter taught her, she wondered why these pirates loved to start a war.

Why they loved to take innocent lives of young children.

Every soldier should not come unarmed to battle. But, Peter did the opposite. Letting his lost soul guide him away and into the blood soaked battle field. He began searching for Autumn.

But, she was out of arms reach, and hidden in one of the tents.

"You're going to be alright my dear, Grey." Choking on her own tears, Autumn tried to keep herself together, for the fragile boy needed to know that everything would be okay.

She watched as Grey, a child she wholeheartedly adored, suffered due to his injuries. There was a large cut dug deep on his back, the blade from a pirate's sword was far too damaging.

River made sure the bandage was on suitable enough, so that it would stop him from loosing too much blood. "She's right-" He had to pause before continuing, "Tumtum's right Grey." With his hands trembling, he remembered the little teddy bear the two of them made together. "Here, this is for you, for being such a brave boy."

"Sir Fluffy!" Grey mouthed, it was exhausting for him to speak. And just so, his eyes flickered shut, his breathing was labored, but Grey was a fighter and he clung onto life with determination.

Wiping at her nose, Autumn leant forward and gave the young boy a peck on the forehead, "Keep fighting on my little ray of sunshine."

Not being able to glance over to look at Grey any further, she began to walk through the gates of Hell once again. A once magnificent safe haven was now scattered with frightened children who served the war to protect the future of their home.

Hellfire greeted her, the lost boys' worn and tired war cries surrounded her.

Just standing in the midst of it all, it all felt oddly chilling.

Just having the world collapse around her caused bile to arise in her throat, she gingerly swallowed it back down.

"Autumn!" River shouted, he cleared his throat from his suppressed sobs, "Take my lucky flower, the lisianthus. Keep it close to you, it'll bring you luck." He had kept the one she dropped from that night, and treasured it ever since.

Gratefully, she took it, "Thank you River." Autumn could not muster enough words to express her gratitude. With the impact of Grey's injury, her heart felt heavy and it became wearying to proceed. She had to hurry, "I must go, I can't bear the pain of seeing another boy be injured the blades of our enemies any longer."

Nodding understandingly, "Of course, but please be careful." he enveloped her within his caring arms.

Even though she couldn't guarantee it, she didn't want to worry him. For River seemed as if he was on the verge of weeping at the idea of her lying down on the beds, wounded.

"I will." Inclining her head, eyes filling with tears, she turned around.

Danger greeted her. An electric feel of shock ran down her spine. Never letting her guard down, her mind whizzed with possible ways to slay the pirates. From a mile away, their foul stench reeked of dead fish and body odor. She twitched her nose at the horrendous smell and at their scornful expressions.

Beside her, Elijah struggled to tackle an angry pirate. With much effort he struck and struck. Until finally, he knocked them down. Puffing out his lips, Elijah let out a triumphant yell.

"Well done Eli! Keep going you've got this." Autumn called out.

From afar, in the midst of it all, Peter desperately searched high and low. Under the sky-high trees and in between duels, Autumn could not be seen anywhere. His legs began to ache, but his heart ached harder. Clamping his fists together, he bared his teeth.

"Please be safe, that's all I beg of you Autumn." Peter clenched his jaw and dodged an arrow that was just half a centimetre away from his right eye.

Being busy in looking to the far east, Peter was not focused on what was going on behind him.

Clad in coal black and walking behind him was the pirate he hated the most- Captain Hook. If murder could display itself, he would be drenched in gallons of blood. It would ooze sickeningly from his head to his toes. The lives he took were far too many to be counted.

No one knew why, though.

"My oh my, why isn't it the lovely Peter Pan?" Hook maundered on. "Why isn't it a jolly day to have some tea? Have you got any last words, before you get what you deserve?"

Footsteps hurriedly tramped.

"Peter watch out!"

Arms flailing, Peter was flung onto the ground hard. Vision pixilating, he felt his pulse beat within his throat as it ran dry.

Hook only lifted the sword up half way, ready to penetrate Peter's fair skin. However, it sliced into the person who helped Peter feel again. Frozen in place, goosebumps arose from his skin. Trying to absorb it all in, his lunch swirled and twisted in his stomach.

This couldn't be true.

His heart jolted around nearly sinking down to the ground. Time slowed. Turning around with his face aghast, it was as if his muscles were constricted, like he was paralysed with shock. For he couldn't move at that second.

Peter stumbled backwards, there was an absence of noise around him. "Autumn?" He clambered forwards, stiffly cupping her cold face into his shivering palms.

It strained her to talk- her chest heaved. Peter flickered his eyes over. The thick purple poison took a toll over her body, it painted her bloodstream a dark black. Hook had coated his sword with dream-shade.

Declining his head in disbelief, his burning tears streaked his pale cheeks. "This can't be . . ." Peter glanced up, wailing out in a hushed whisper, "What have you done Hook?"

The lost boys and even the pirates took their hats off their heads.

Neverland was not at all as merry as it seems.