{15}

Yoongi's heart raced as he stepped onto the stage, lights dim. He didn't necessarily have standard in place choreography or back up dancers, but he did have some small but impressive movements that only added to his performance.

His performance was a 4ish minute mashup of 2 of his songs: People and Interlude: Shadow. One of his big worries was that he would forget that part of each song is cutoff and goes right into the next one, but he practiced it enough with Jimin, so he thinks he'll be alright.

As the stage lights come on, all he can think of is that everyone he ever loved was watching. His best friends that have stuck by him for a long time, the two trainees who looked up to Yoongi, especially in this moment. His grandma, who could die at anyone second but was still watching. Jimin, Jimin of whom he's barley known a month but yet he's given him so much strength.

So as the lights come on, and the beginning of Shadow came on and Yoongi slowly raises the microphone to his lips and he begins to rap...

Yeah yeah, a gentle breeze
People that brush past
People that soaks into heart
What kind of person am I?
Am I a good person?
Or a bad person?
Many  ways to judge
Just a person
Everyone would live on
Everyone would love
Everyone would fade away
And be forgotten
People change, just as I've changed
There is nothing that lasts forever in this world

Everything is just a happening passing by... 

Well, so what? So what if it just passes by? So what? So what if I get hurt?...

Sometimes, I might get hurt again At times I might shed tears, upset So what? So what if I live like that?...

I wanna be a rap star

I wanna be the top
I wanna be a rockstar
I want it all mine
I wanna be rich
I wanna be the king
I wanna be me
I want a big thing
Oh boy let me see
I got a big dream yeah

Woo, I wondered everyday how far I'd go
I came to my senses and I find myself here
Yeah, hmm, shadow at my feet
Look down, it's gotten even bigger
I run but the shadow follows, as dark as the light's intense
I'm afraid, flying high is terrifying
No one told me how lonely it is up here
I can leap in the air but also plunge, now I know
Running away could be an option too, pause
People say, there's splendor in that bright light
But my growing shadow swallows me and becomes a monster
Up high, high, and higher, higher
I only go higher and vertigo overtakes me
I rise, rise, I hate it
I pray, I pray, hoping to be okay

The moment I'm flying high as I wished
My shadow grows in that blasting stark light
Please don't let me shine
Don't let me down
Don't let me fly
Now I'm afraid

Don't let me shine...

He lets out a breath and looks out. His legs burned-- remember how I said he had a few choreographed movements? Well more like very... skilled movements that took his breath away, but it was all worth it because everybody was wowed by the performance.

Namjoon was left in tears, "THATS MY BEST FRIEND WHOOOOOOO" He yelled. He was overcome by emotion. Yoongi did that! After so many years... it worked out! He did it! Taehyung was ecstatic next to him, jumping up and down. The two trainees next to him were jumping up and down, even Yungmin! 

Yoongi's grandmother was tearful, the nurses in the hospital watched with her as she was overfilled with joy. Her boy did it, and he used all the potential she knew he had. Proud was not a strong enough word, no. She couldn't describe the feelings that ran through her veins after Yoongi's breath taking performance. You could see the passion in his eyes.

Yoongi exited the stage and was met with a group hug by all of them as they jumped around him, chanting his name. Yoongi was so relived, everything worked out so freaking well. Everything was perfect.

He didn't stay for the rest of the show, instead he left quickly and rushed to the hospital. He needed to see his grandma, that's what he needed. Namjoon and Taehyung joined, the others went back to the company building.

Yoongi rushed up to the hospital room and in, she was smiling weakly as she lay down. "Just who I assumed, my Yoongi boy." She smiles. Yoongi rushes over and hugs her. She strokes his hair as he hugs her softly. She whispers something to him. Something that confused him, but could really be used for anything. 

After that, more loudly she spoke about how proud she was. "You did it my boy, but now that you did, my time here is up, I did everything. Now its up to you to continue your life." She smiles. Yoongi knew he couldn't be sad anymore, she lived as long as she could, its the cycle of life and he had to let go, but Yoongi did not expect her to go this very second.

"Now you boys stick together okay? I love you, all of you." She said, and everyone was ready to say it back when she took her last breath. The machines began to beep and her body went lifeless. Yoongi was ready to let go, but not ready to see her leave like that. "G-Grammy!" He said and reached for her hand.

Even Namjoon and Taehyung were surprised. They held Yoongi's shoulder as they all took a deep breath. She was gone, just like that. There was no more Elise, no more hospital visits, no body else aside the few people he had. That was it. He had to let go and they all knew that, but it would be so difficult.

Yoongi turned around to cry into their shoulders. He cried a healthy amount this time, just enough to grieve, but not enough where he would pass out. "I... I love you grammy." he says. He almost felt like he could feel her too. A piece of her would always be with Yoongi on his necklace. Always watching over him, but what she told him persisted on his mind,

She told him to be careful, who knows in this work what is true or not.