dog dogging ghost (edit)

For the thousandth time that night, I threw the covers off my legs and bolted up from the bed. I definitely heard something that time. And it wasn't the wind either. I'm always hearing things but no matter what I hear, mom says, "its just the wind, bunny." But the wind doesn't sound like heavy footsteps  crunching  through the forest leaves. And thats what I heard this time definitely. I stood next to my window. I leaned over and peered out. It sure was spooky out there. I squinted over to see better out. I squinted to see better in the dark. Don't lean over to far, I thought. Don't let whatever or what ever is out there see you. My eyes searched the backyard. I lifted my head and spotted them. A few feet away. Huge, grey. Gnarly arms. Reaching out toward the window ready to grab me.
NO!.
It was only the branches of the old oak tree.
Well, give me a break. I said it was dark out! My eyes swept over the yard again. The sound. There it was! I ducked. My legs trembled as I crouched beneath the window. I broke out into a cold sweat.
                  Crunch. Crunch.
Even lounder than before. I swallowed hard and took another peek. Something moved in the shadows. Under the oak tree I held my breath crunch. Crunch. Crunch. A gust of wind blew the tree branches furiously. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. The frightening sounds grew louder. Closer to the house. As I peered out, two eyes suddenly flashed in the dark. My throat went dry. I couldn't cry out. The eyes flashed again. They were even closer to the house this time right outside the kitchen window. Staring towards me. Moving towards me. The creature dark shape began to take form it was a fawn?
I let out a long sigh. The first night in my new house and
I was already shaking in terror. I shuffled into the bathroom for a towel. As I wiped the sweat from my forehead, I started at my reflection. Whenever I'm scared, my mismatch eyes really stand out. I ran my fingers through my short red hair.
I wear it long to help cover my big dopey ears.
I've had these my whole life
Mom keeps telling me not to worry. She says I will grow into them but I'm 15 now. And nothing has changed my ears are still huge. Huge nad dopey. I wear a beanie most of the time to help me cover them. A deer, I mumbled as I stared at myself in the mirror. Scared by a deer. I made it through the whole entire day without getting scared once. That pretty good for me. Back where I used to live. My best friends, Connor and George always made fun of me. "Bunny" they'd say, "you probably scare yourself on Halloween!" They were right. I get scared a lot. Some people just scare easier then others. I'm an easy scare. Take last summer at camp. I got lost in the woods on my way to the bathroom cabin. What did I do nothing. I just stood there. When the kids from my bunk finally found me, I was shaking all over. Practically in tears. Turns out I was standing a few feet from the dinning hall a few feet over the whole time. So , okay I admit it. When I comes to bravery, I'm not exactly Indiana Jones ok! When my parents announced we were moving to the city to the woods, I was alittle tense. Maybe even scared. Scared to leave the apartment I'd live in my entire life scared of a house in the woods. And then I learned that our house was deep in the woods. Miles from the nearest town. The only two books I'd ever read took place in Maine, and there and there was nothing I could do about it I left the bathroom and crept back to my bad, the floorboards creaked and cracked with each step it was going to be hard to get used to that. It was also going to be hard getting used to that. The rattling pipes, the scraping shutters. And some weird noise that thump really loud every hour.at dinner mom said that it was the house "settling" whatever that means. At least she didn't say " its just the wind bunny" i jumped into my bed and pulled the covers onto my chin. I felt a little safer in my bed. I love my bed mom wanted to trash it when we moved. But I said no way. It had taking me years to break this bed in. The mattress has just the right amount of lumps, and they were all in the right spots. In the dark. I glanced around my new room. It was so weird seeing all my stuff in this strange place. I had my furniture all in the exact ways my all room was. Across the room my dad build a really cool bookcase for all my snow domes. It has a light in it and every thing. I was finally beginning to relax when I heard another noise. Not a bunch of little crunches like before- but one long, drawn-out crunch. I shot straight up in the bed. This time I was sure. One hundred percent sure. Someone or something was creeping around out there right out side my window. Threw of the covers. Then I drop to the floor to my hands and knees. Moving slowly, I crawl to the window then I carefully pulled myself on my hands to peer outside the window.
What was it?
A snake?
I flung open the window. I grabbed a soft ball from the floor and tossed it at the snake. Than I fell to my knees and listened.
Silence.
No crunching
No slithering
A direct hit. Great! I stood and leaned out my window i was feeling pretty proud of myself. After all I just saved my family from a deadly
                       garden hose!
I let out a disappointed sigh and shook my head. Get a grip, Bunny. Of Connor and George were here, they would say "Saved your family from a poisonous garden hose!!!"
"Yeah. Super Bunny strikes again!"
Connor wound say. Back in bed again, I fluffed up my pillows one more time. Then I closed my eyes as tightly as I could.
Thats it, I said to myself. I am not getting up again. I don't care what I hear next I will not get up from my bed again .
           No matter what.
And then I heard another noise. A sound that made my heart pound right through my chest.
Breathing
Deep
Heavy breathing
IN MY ROOM
Under my bed!