Tournament Reward

(Y/N) POV

It's the morning of the tournament and I could tell Kenma didn't get much sleep. Midway through the night, I woke up to the violent clicking of his mouse to see him playing his video games. I told him that he should sleep to be well-rested for the games but I guess he didn't really listen. I basically had to dress him myself because if he did at the rate that he would be ready it would be already the end of the first game.

We left the house and arrived at the gym where there was going to be a bus to take the team to the destination where this tournament was. The only reason why I was able to come along is that there were extra seats and the team insisted.

On the way, I told Kenma that he should try to take a nap but all he said was that he was fine and he played on his DS the whole ride there. We arrived at the school where this tournament was being held. This tournament was just for fun but would be good practice for the boys.

The first game they had to play was in about an hour and in that time they had to warm up. I found a stop in the stands where a few other Nekoma fans were and watched Kenma's sluggish self-practice setting to some of the boys.

I watched as the other boys were pumped, jumping and running with tones of energy while Kenma looked like a zombie. But that was normally Kenma so I'm not too worried, I just hope that he performs well and won't beat himself over something that doesn't succeed. Even though he told me about the whole reason why he even did volleyball, I knew that deep down he enjoyed it.

He's the type of person to silently beat himself up over the little mistakes and I don't want him to feel that way.

The other team walked in and started to practice. By the way that they were gawking at our team, they thought that they had this win in the bag. They don't know the team though, they don't know Kenma. The brains of the team, the heart of the team. Most of the people on the opposing team were tall and had the height to their advantage.

Then it was time for the first match and our team looked prepared, but not Kenma.

The other team took the first set, but by the second one, we were winning. Lev noticed me and made it very obvious that he was showing off for me. He would do everything that he did and then look at me and smile or wink and I would roll my eyes.

After Lev got us a point he looked in the stands and winked. I saw Kenma look at him and look in the direction that he did that which was me. I could tell Kenma was pissed. I knew he wanted to punch him or hit him but we needed Lev and he knew that too.

Kenma started to be more lively now that something motivated him to do better and be better. Which was Lev flirting with me. The light in him was lit with the anger that Lev was causing him.

Kenma had the ball and set it to the guy behind him last second causing him to not only trick the other team but also everyone in the stands too. The ball was spiked to the other team's side giving us the winning point in the third set.

We won that game and everyone gave Kenma praise after the game. He acted as though he didn't enjoy the attention but I could tell that he did because it pissed Lev off that he stole the spotlight.

They had a game right after this one that would be against a team that they had played last year. They had beat them but this year they had some taller players this year, but just because they were tall didn't mean that they were good. All they could really do was block but even after a few tries, our team was able to figure a way around it.

We took the second game easily winning all of the sets. We had a little break before we would play our last game of this tournament. I walked down to the team as they were going to go outside where some food was for the teams that finished their matches.