Chapter 4: Revelation

"Alright class, I have good news." Emerald's voice echoed through the murmuring classroom; "The test results are in and... Everyone passed. Well done." A cheer came from the classroom. "We're not getting shattered today!" A random gem yelled. "Class dismissed. Madeira, could I have a word with you?" Emerald said. The class emptied, with Madeira and Amy remaining. "I'll wait outside for you. You can tell me what illegal stuff you've done then!" Amy joked as she left the classroom, where her topaz was watching. "Hey you." Amy said and she closed the door behind her. "What's wrong, teacher?" Madeira asked. "About the final question, you entered a very abstract answer. Tell me, where did you get the idea that Ultranite kidnapped all those gems? Did someone tell you? It is of the utmost importance that you tell us who it was, because spreading false information is illegal on Neo Homeworld!" Emerald said in an angry tone. Madeira panicked. If she told the truth, she would most certainly be shattered. Then she got an idea: "Well... To tell you the truth, it was the topaz that was assigned to me and the topaz assigned to Amethyst. We both heard them talk about it, but Amethyst chose not to use that answer. I did. I'm sorry for believing them. I didn't fail, right?" Emerald looked at the door and said: "No, don't worry. You still passed. Those topazes will stand trial, but knowing Ultranite, they will probably be shattered. Ultranite doesn't waste time on these trials, to be honest. Don't tell anyone I told you this." Madeira shook her head. "Well then, you may go." Emerald said as she motioned Madeira to leave. As she left the class, she saw her and Amy's topaz get taken away by two Jaspers. "What did you do?" Amy asked. Madeira smiled and said: "Something evil." Madeira and Amy both laughed.

"It's still curious. How did you get that idea? Do you actually believe that happened?" Amy asked as they took a left. Madeira and Amy were walking the streets of Neo Homeworld, heading to Amy's place. "I do! I remember it like it was yesterday!" "Maybe there's more to you than we think. We have to get more info out of Jasper. She's definitely hiding something." Amy said. "True, but let's first assess the situation." Madeira said. The two gems reached the house and went inside. Madeira threw herself on the couch as Amy locked the door behind her. "It feels so good having those topazes off our backs. Even though we had them for half a day, it's just weird having someone follow you the whole time." Madeira said. "Yeah, but I don't know, I think I could've ignited a whole friendship! We could've had two new BFF's!" Amy reacted. "You think so? I think they would remain very strict, because they work directly for Ultranite."  "I heard they give new gems special treatment so that they'll be unable to ignore a command from Ultranite." "Who told you that? Was it Amber? She always had those kind of theories." "You're quick to brush it off, are ya sure you didn't have special treatment?" The argument quickly ignited a playful game of blaming the other. Madeira started throwing pillows, with Amy retaliating with the pillows thrown at her. "Cease fire! I'm waving the orange cape!" Madeira said. "Coward! You will get no mercy!" The two kept battling until someone knocked on their window. "Having fun in there?" It was Amber!

Madeira and Amy were shocked. Amber smashed the glass pane and slid into the house. "What are you doing here?! You're a criminal! A terrorist! If they catch you in my house, I'll be shattered as well!" Amy said. "Yeah, me too!" Madeira added. "Jeez, I thought we were friends." Amber said as she sprayed the window back together. "What're you doing?" Amy asked. "I broke the window, so I use this reversal spray to revert it back into its original state." Amber grinned. "Where did you get that?" Madeira asked. "I stole it from Ultranite's armory. It's actually an anti gem weapon. Rogue gems get sprayed with this and revert back into nutrients that they once leeched from planets. It's only a prototype, so they're not using it on large scales yet, but it's pretty neat, right?" "Hold up, you STOLE?! From ULTRANITE?!" Amy yelled in awe. "What else do you have in that bag?" Madeira asked. Amber pulled the bag in front of her and opened it. "Let's see, I got a voice mimic device, a rope, a- oh! This is really cool, watch!" Amber threw a tiny disc she fetched from her bag on the ground. "Table!" She yelled right before the disc hit the floor. When it did, the disc transformed into a table. "Wow! I can't believe how advanced Neo Homeworld is. We've got all this technology? There's no way we could lose against any rebels!" Madeira said enthusiastically. Amy had fainted in the mean time. "Yo girl, I think Amy is down." Amber said. Madeira looked beside her and noticed Amy down on the floor. Suddenly, Amy shot back up and yelled: "Stole from Ultranite!" And promptly fell back on the floor. "She has a point. How did you manage to steal from Ultranite? And why would you?" Madeira asked. Amber threw her hair back and said: "After my trial, I escaped the courtroom. I used the diversion created by blowing up the courtroom to reduce security at White Diamond's old ship, which is now Ultranite's throne room, as you surely know." Madeira nodded. "Yeah, so I snuck in there. I knew Ultranite wasn't there, for that day she luckily had to start production in the new colony. I tracked the vault down and then blew the underside, which wasn't reinforced. I took the fun stuff and left. Ultranite will be back any second now, because I checked on the colony she was visiting on her throne and she was almost done there." Madeira had no words. Amy had come to as well, so she heard it all too. They both wondered who Amber really was. "What are you?" Amy asked in her usual blunt tone. "I'm just another gem who uncovered the truth, only I haven't been caught yet. I plan on making my own rebellion. Do you know the history of Neo Homeworld and it's previous owners? Do you two have any idea what a perfect world it was? Gems free to do and live the way they want! That is freedom. Something we will never get as long as Ultranite is in charge here." Amber sounded really enthusiastic. "Wow... is that true?" Amy asked. Amber looked at the door. "Would you like a second opinion?" She smirked. The door busted open and there stood Jasper. "You! I should break you in two where you stand!" Jasper yelled at Amber. "Woah woah woah! Jasper! What's going on here?" "Heh, I left a message at your place. Because I know who you are, Jasper. I've read about you." Amber smiled.