[2: Chensung]

Pairing: Chensung
Word count: 1636
Trans Characters: Chenle (Genderfluid)

- 🐥 & 🐬 -

Chenle felt seconds away from crying.

They had woken up, feeling confident and happy and feminine. They had dressed up in a sheer shirt and a black skirt, paired with fishnet tights. They had even gone all out and done their makeup, because it had been a few days since they last felt so feminine, and they wanted to enjoy it.

It was a school day, and walking into school they received the same strange, sideways glances as always. It didn't faze them. They met up with their friends; smiling at laughing as Donghyuck made his usual jokes and comments. Jisung had stared at them as they arrived, and Chenle had blushed under the younger's gaze.

It felt nice to have Jisung's full attention; it was a confidence booster.

It was their lunch period, the day was halfway done, and they would be going home soon. That was when the feeling hit. Their chest felt too tight; simultaneously too big and too small. This time, the glances from their classmates made their heart beat faster as anxiety dug its claws into them. They could feel themselves starting to shake, feeling weak in their panic.

They tried to hide it, despite everything, because they didn't want to bother anyone.

"Lele," Jisung said, his voice soft, quiet enough that only Chenle could hear him, "Are you okay?"

They wanted to say yes, they wanted to play it off, make up some excuse so that Jisung didn't have to worry about them. But they couldn't, not when Jisung was looking at them with genuine worry in his eyes.

He was always too nice to Chenle. It made their heart hurt, but in a different, unfamiliar way. It wasn't a terrible feeling, in fact, at times, it was almost pleasant.

"Dysphoria," They managed to whisper back in a choked voice.

Jisung reacted so quickly that Chenle didn't have time to realise what he was doing. They blinked, and Jisung had already taken off his hoodie and was handing it out towards the older. It was autumn; the weather outside was cool and brisk and it transferred to inside the school as well. Jisung was cold, Chenle could tell, and they stared at the hoodie for a moment, wondering if they should really take it.

Jisung needed it more, they thought. But the rational part of their brain was much weaker than the dysphoric part of their brain, and they took the hoodie from Jisung's hands.

The younger gave them a smile as Chenle pulled it over their head. They were still wearing a skirt, but they felt better now, with the large hoodie hiding the top half of their body.

Jisung had done this more than once. He did it every time Chenle switched halfway throughout the day. Half of his closet at home was filled with Chenle's clothes, clothes for all genders, just in case.

"Thank you," Chenle said as Jisung took their hand under the table. He squeezed Chenle's hand comfortingly, and the older felt that same strange feeling in their chest, the one that they had no name for, their heart beating rapidly.

They still felt dysphoric, but there wasn't much that could be done at school as they didn't bring with them a change of clothes.

At least they had Jisung, who always helped them. Chenle wondered how Jisung hadn't gotten annoyed at them and left yet. Chenle knew they always caused trouble for their friends, forcing their friends to deal with their problems and stress over Chenle as they tried to help.

"I'm here," Jisung told them. They couldn't hide their small smile.

- 🐥 & 🐬 -