seven

madripoor

Dressed in a suave black jumpsuit, Morrigan loved the feeling of walking under the moonlight while Madripoor's neon lights dazzled upon her being. For the first time in days, she wasn't afraid of being labelled as a target... well, maybe now that she's returning with two Avengers and Baron Zemo.

She caught Bucky looking at her. He hasn't seen her with this much energy and confidence in a while. He was dressed in a tight black attire that paid tribute to the Winter Soldier. "Were you ever going to tell me about Madripoor?" He asks softly.

She sighs. "No. My time here was brief." He knew she was lying.

They could both feel Sam's irritation on the other side of the highway. "We have to fix this. I'm the only one who looks like a pimp." He messes with the cuffs of his irregularly coloured suit and touches the collar.

"Only an American would assume a fashion-forward Black man looks like a pimp." Zemo did pick out Sam's disguise and, oddly, an array of clothing choices for Morrigan when they were preparing a couple of hours before. "You look exactly like the man you're supposed to be playing. The sophisticated, charming African rake named Conrad Mack, aka the Smiling Tiger." Zemo shows the two left a picture of Sam's new identity before giving the phone to him. They did look alike.

"He even has a bad nickname." Morrigan and Bucky grin at that comment. "Hell, he does look like me, though." Now he sounded impressed. "So, what, I'm the Smiling Tiger, you are the criminal Zemo, and he's back to the cold soldier... what about you? You didn't give her a disguise." Sam exclaims.

Zemo gives Morrigan a look. "I don't have to." Sam was about to ask a question when he stopped, mouth ajar.

"Vōljes Dāria." Morrigan lifts her spell on cue, revealing a giant tattoo of a crow with its wings out on her throat. She had dozens of little black feathers tattooed from the edge of her eyes down her cheek.

Bucky gasps. "Crow Queen." She chucks him a dirty look as he laughs at her second alias's name. He stopped once he saw all the tattoos on her face. Someone's been teaching him Valyrian.

"During my time in Madripoor, I created an alter ego; Vōljes. I used to run one of the world's weaponry scheme, aiding and abetting both sides of any war." Morrigan explains simply. "I was only here for a few months anyway."

Zemo nods. "Now your past makes more sense."

Bucky chortles. "You cease to amaze me." A black sedan appears just in front of them.

Sam scoffs. "So, you're a war criminal as well?"

Morrigan casts a careful eye over Zemo. "How can I not? I do have the omen of death tattooed all over my body." She gestures to her skin and pulls back one of the sleeves to reveal dozens of singular crow feathers speckled across.

"Are any of your war criminal buddies still around?" Bucky asks.

Morrigan chuckles. "You better hope not."