pt 2 - injury

it had been a couple of weeks since mikasa saved my life. things had settled down since then, and while you can never be truly relaxed in a world like this, it was about as relaxed as i had ever seen it.

mikasa and i were closer than ever, and while we decided not to make our relationship public, i think the others had already begun to catch on.

it was an all around average day. nothing major had happened recently so captain levi decided that we would train. all. day. normally, i would have chosen mikasa as my sparring partner, but she wasn't here today. from what levi told me, she was helping armin and hange with... 'stuff'. 'stuff' that was none of my business he added.

" oi brats. chose a sparring partner. and make it quick, we can't afford to waste any time. "

uhh.. who do i ask.. uhhh..

" (Y/N) !! "

perfect.

" oh hey eren! wanna be partners? "

eren nods as he gets into position. as you train you can't help but notice a smirk on his face.

" you have something to say eren..? "

" no, " he states plainly in between snickers. " why do you ask? " he smirks.

" because you keep looking at me like you're about to open your mouth then look away and smile. i don't know what's so funny— "

" ok ok fine, " eren laughs for a second then collects his thoughts. " what's the deal with you and mikasa? "

it's not that embarrassing if they know. i don't know why his question caught me off guard.

" we are just really close, " i squeak out, cursing myself in my head over how unnatural and flustered i sound.

" well, me and my close friends don't moan loud enough for the whole building to hear when we are alone in a room together. "

dammit.

" fine. you caught me. just don't tell anyone okay? i trust you eren.. "

he laughs and makes a zipper motion across his mouth.

" my lips are sealed, (y/n). it's actually kind of cute! "

i blush as i try to hide my embarrassment. how many people know? i wish mikasa were here right now.. FUCK

my thoughts are cut off by a jolt of pain in my ankle.

" (y/n) are you alright!? "eren rushes to your side.

" i'm okay i just AGH- sprained my a-ankle- "

" you're not fine! you rolled the fuck out of your ankle, you can barely speak for gods sake. i'm taking you to the infirmary. "

was i really so lost in thought that i injured myself? jesus christ. i wish mikasa were here.

eren carries me to the infirmary, and as my head touches the pillow i feel my consciousness fade.