AFTERWORD

How creepy is this CGI version of Marilyn Monroe in this DIOR ad from a few years ago (Link above)?

Many years ago I was on a plane and I watched a movie called Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Even though Sir Laurence Olivier was dead he was still in the movie. It was a CGI version of him. It was the first time I had seen that. 

Immediately my own mind jumped to "which dead movie star would I want to see in a movie again?" (Hint: not Sir Laurence Olivier). As a child and teenager I was quite fascinated with Marilyn Monroe and - as I have said earlier - I read many books about her. So this is where the idea started. What I was wondering was this: what rights does an artist have after they die?

None?

Anyone can use their image?

Apparently the Marilyn Monroe estate has stopped hologram concerts of Marilyn. But would she have approved of the DIOR ad above? What happens in the future when it might not matter what the Marilyn Monroe estate says? With the advent of technology you wonder how far these recreations could go. By the time I saw the DIOR ad the story was already written and I saw another one recently with Eugene Levy.  So this is going to be an ongoing issue in the future.

I also wrote this story after I wrote my horror novel 13 WINDOWS. I thought 13 WINDOWS was very dark and I wanted to write something lighter that would be more audience friendly. I have been quite surprised to see the opposite happen on WATTPAD. 13 WINDOWS has far more reads than this story and this story has been here longer. However, rewriting the story and dividing it into chapters and promoting  it in Marilyn Monroe fan groups on Facebook has helped the story find an audience. 

Thank you so much for reading. I hope it was entertaining and thought provoking.

You can read 13 WINDOWS here: https://www.wattpad.com/916090955-13-windows-prologue-part-1