15|

The moment Sebri bolted her door shut, I turned my back on her to get myself under control.

Turning me around again, she said, "If you're not as in love with me as I am with you, say so."

Being in love with her would consume the rest of my life.

My inability to speak was enough for Sebri, and she gave me a cocky grin.

She began to unbutton my blouse. "I've been doing this a lot more, haven't I? Helping you out of your clothes? You haven't returned the favor, Angel."

Not to be outdone, I pushed her hands away, delving under her top so I could feel the smooth skin underneath—watching the material rise to bare more and more.

Down to her bra, she picked me up—filling me with the sensation of weightlessness—and took me to her bed, lowering me down.

My legs had wrapped around her like the ribbons to her gift.

She felt so familiar. Was it because of the past, or because of our own past—the past of the present? It was as if we'd never been any other way.

When she was over me, her beautiful face inches away, her skin on mine, she spent long seconds staring into my eyes, unsmiling...but warm. I would remember that for a long time.

"Wanna sleep?" she asked sweetly.

I almost grabbed a fistful of her hair to yank in outrage. She wasn't even teasing.

Instead, my palms flat on the covers, I lifted my head and gently but firmly tugged her bottom lip between my teeth, absorbing the sound of her into myself.

"Later," I murmured, the word muffled by her mouth finally falling to mine.

It would be much, much later.

"You never did have that cupcake. Want a friend right now, or dessert?"

I sat up, holding the covers to my chest. "Not funny."

Sebri was putting her hair up, offering me the stunning view of her bare back. "You regret it already? I thought it might take you a few more blinks."

Right. I'd just had the best nap of my life.

"Of course I don't regret it, but do you have any idea what you mean to me? And what it means to me," I said, "that I might've ruined that? Ruined everything? Sebri!"

She smirked at me over her shoulder. "Sorry, I was daydreaming about your tongue."

I wasn't even me anymore. Just one big blush.

All other functions forgotten.

She gripped my face in her hand, her favorite way to make me tremble. Well...former favorite. "Do I not say it enough? It's impossible for you to get rid of me. And sorry, I'm in a teasing mood." She let go of me to stretch. "I'm having the high of my life. Wanna let me enjoy it?"

A sigh left me because yes, I did.

"Might as well extend it..." I said, reaching for her.

"Why have you seen more? Why did you see first?" I asked.

I'd brushed off the freakish visions, even half-convinced myself they were triggered by my feelings for Sebri—feelings I didn't want to confront.

"Because I want to see us, who we've been...I want to see no matter how bad it is, but you fight it..."

She wasn't wrong. Although— "It hasn't done you any good at all," I said.