Y O U

I woke up with a throb in my head and in an awkward position in the office chair. I felt stiffness in my joints as I sat up. I must've been asleep for a while. I heard a chuckle, my mind connecting it instantly as Vincent's voice.

"Sorry about tripping and hitting you on the back of the head." So that's why I was out..

"It's fine.." I said, nodding. "How long was I out..?"

"Uh.. the whole night.. but... Uh,, nothing rally happened.." He said, seeming sad.

"Hey Vinny, cheer up. We can be policemans some other night.." He sighed.

"Yeah.. I know.. It's ju-" He was cut off by the sound of bells. The place was opening. We stepped out of the office and watched as streams of kids ran in, dragging parents behind them.

I looked to Vincent. At least now the children were safe, right? The morning shift would take over.

"Hey Scott, you should head home to get some sleep."

I frowned. "What about you?"

"Oh, I'm gonna wait for Foxy's show."

 I chuckled. "Tell the fox I said hi."

Vincent nodded and gently pushed me towards the door. I sighed and waved. A quiet goodbye escaped my lips and I got into my car, driving away.

As I drove, I wondered how the Fox was doing. He was wearing away at the legs, and near the chest. He was always my favorite..

When I got home, I threw whatever I was carrying to the side and collapsed on my bed. The minute my head hit the pillows, I was out.

---

I awoke to the phone ringing. My Boss's voice is frantic.

"S-Scott, there's been an accident with a patron and.. uh.. F-Foxy.."