Chapter 21

Mariko's POV

I was walking down the hallways, trying to find the room they said on where we'll meet.

"Maiko~!" I let out a groan and looked behind me, to see Mao running towards my direction.

"What?"

"Where are you going?" they ask.

"You're not a part of it, so it's none of your business." I answer them and I start to walk away.

"Is it about the 57th Expedition?" they ask, even though I was facing behind them, I could feel a smirk, radiating by them.

Flashback

I called Armin to meet me at night time. I saw him by the distance, so I ran up to him.

"Mariko, what do you need?" he took a deep breath and he looked at me.

"I know who's the Female Titan."

"...What?" he looked at me, confused.

"I know who's the Female Titan." I repeated.

"Wai- really?!" he asked, suprised. I gave him a nod.

"And I know how we can take her."

"It's a her?" I gave a nod again. I took a deep breath and I looked at him.

"It's Annie."

"A-annie? Annie Leonhart?" he said.

"Yes. She told me she was the Female Titan after our expedition." I acted.

"So-your sister, Annie, is the Female Titan?" he questioned.

"Yes, I'm not kidding. She told me she was the Female Titan." I said.

"Then...we should tell Commander Erwin the information."

"Of course..we should tell him."

Flashback Ends

I turn around to see a smirking Mao.

"Knew it." was all they can say.

"I need to go now Mao." I sternly say.
They gave a sigh and they look at me.

"Are you willing to do it? To go that far?" they ask me.

"... I need to go." and I walk away.
( ✨dramatic✨ )

I stood by the door. I took a deep breath and I knock three times. After a few seconds, the door open by the inside. I see Mikasa, Eren, Levi, Jean, Commander Erwin, and Armin. I give a salute, waiting for a command.

"Aah, Leonhart. We were just talking about you. Sit." the Commander says and shows a seat. I sat down beside Armin and the Commander started to speak.

"This is the plan. While passing through Stohess, we use Eren as bait to lure the target to this underground passage. Given the target's size and strength, if we can get hee as far as down as possible, we should be able to immobilize her in her Titan form." he points at a specific place of the map. "But in the event that she transforms before then, it will be up to you, Eren." he looks at Eren.

"Yes, sir!" Eren hesitates. "Are we certain the target will actually be in Stohess then?" the commander looks at him.

"Yes. The target is a member of the Military Police Regiment." he says.

"The Military Police?"

"It was Mariko and Armin who identified her. We believe that she also killed the two Titans that we caught. And that she might have trained with you in the 104th Cadet Corps." Eren gasp, he was suprised. He didn't think that someone in 104th Cadet Corps would be the Female Titan.

"The name of the girl we believe to be the Female Titan is.."

"Annie Leonhart."

Timeskip

Narrator's POV

Annie was with her group, waiting for the carriage to go by. Once the carriage moved, she started to walk, but was stopped when someone called her.

"Annie." she walked by the alleyway to see Mariko. In a Scout Regiment cloak, hood was up all the way.

"Why are you dressed like that?" Annie asked her sister.

"I'm hiding ODM gear under this." she opened her cloak to let her older sister see the hidden ODM.

"What is it you need?"

"Could you help us let Eren escape?" she asked.

"To where?" Annie questioned.

"We just need to hide him for a while."

"You're not answering my question." she said blankly.

"Annie, it'll basically an act of defiance by part of the Scouts. We're going to buy enough time to gather some things that will unquestionably overturn the council's say in the matter." she said, avoiding Annie's question.

"How can you be sure?" the blonde asked.

"Sorry, Annie. But I can't say it." she stammered. Annie gave a sigh.

"Then I can't accept it. But I won't tell anyone." she spoke and walked away.

"...Remember what the promise said to father?" this made the blonde stop in her tracks. "If you help us, we can go back home. Safe and Sound." Mariko gave a sad smile. Annie puts down her gun and agreed to the younger sister.

Annie's POV

"Fine. I'll do it." I agree to her.

Flashback

I was in my room, reading a letter. Soon, Hitch came up to me and gave me a letter, saying that it's for me.

"Why do you always get letters? Are you that popular?" she sighed and walked away. I opened the letter to see that it was from Mariko:

Dear Annie,

     Annie, I'm sorry, but I needed to do something that it may affect the future. So I need to give you something so it can help you. I can't say this in person because they Scouts are keeping an eye  on me. Goodluck.

Your sister,
Mariko

I looked down the letter to see the metal ring. I took it out and kept it.

Flashback Ends