Chapter Six

Male Dormroom 26
Aether's POV

Fischl chuckled. "See? I told you that you'd win!"

Bennett trembled in his seat. "I.....I won...."

He chuckled, and looked at Fischl, who was smiling.

"Told you so." She muttered.

Hu Tao sighed. "Well, this is getting boring, he's won six in a row! Let's add some spice, shall we?"

She pulled out a box of peculiar looking chocolates. "Care for some?"

"H-Hu Tao!" Amber exclaimed. "Are those alcoholic chocolates?"

"Well yeah, but it's chocolate, so it's perfectly legal!" She laughed.

I jolted. "Well, in that case, I guess I can bring out this thing Sir Diluc gave me." I pulled out a fancy bottle from a brown paper bag and put it on the desk.

"Booze?! Seriously?!" Amber slammed the table. "We're minors!"

"Geez, relax, relax." I chuckled. "It's apple cider. Non-alcoholic."

Amber pouted, and took a glass. "Well, in that case, I'll have a glass."

"Tch, look at this girl." I chuckled. "Well, I'm kinda tired, so I'll be in the room. Call me when something interesting happens."

"Alright, we'll just be here playing, uh, Monopoly, I guess. Bennett can't count for shit, so even with his renewed luck, we should have a chance." Chongyun said.

I got off my seat, and waved goodbye. Then, I came into the bedroom and passed out on my bunk.

I randomly regained my consciousness out of the blue.

The sky was a peachy color.

The ground was very shallow water, as if the ground itself was water.

I looked around, and there was a tree. Underneath, there was someone.

I walked towards the tree, tiptoeing on the water. "Hello?"

"Ah, Aether." The figure replied.

I squinted, and saw the true identity of the man. I chuckled. "Hello, old friend."

He bit an apple. "How's TNH? You made any new friends?"

"Yeah, yeah I have. I'm roomed with these four guys, they're really nice. Lumine's also roomed with some nice girls, particularly this one brunette, real nice. Oh, and there's four people who've got your vibe."

"Ah, they any better than me?"

"Financially? Hell yeah. In terms of your 'skills'? Probably not. Hell, I haven't seen them do anything out of the ordinary. Other than, y'know, kick my ass." I chuckled.

"Hmmm, how about you? You gotten any abilities you wanna tell me about?"

I sighed. "Bastard, you know I got nothing. Not even a shred of it."

He chuckled. "Well, Teyvat has seven elements. Maybe you'll qualify for one, you never know." Then, he stood up, and tossed the apple into the air, making it vanish into nothing.

"Well, I'll be seeing you, Aether."

"Aw, come on. Can't you stay any longer?" I asked.

"You know you've gotta wake up, dumbass. Now go!" He laughed.

I smiled. "Alright, alright.