Waltz With Death (Edge x Reader)

Author: CS 

---------------

                                                                   "What did the devil say to you?" 

Y/N POV

The sounds of birds singing their songs invaded the silence, pulling me back into reality and away from the realm of which I took refuge in for the night, in other words, the birds woke me up. Another day, another normal week, another normal month. I let out a small sigh before sitting up, rubbing the eye crust from my clover green eyes, which resulted in me almost poking my eye out. 

I hissed as I rubbed my eye in a futile attempt to rid myself of the sting caused by my own finger. My mom must have heard my distress as she ran into my room asking me if I was okay. I nodded, giving her a weak thumbs up. She sighed before gasping slightly.

"There's mail for you in the kitchen, looks pretty fancy. Though, isn't prom another 4 months away?" She asked, tilting her head before shaking it off. "There's coffee in the coffee maker, feel free to serve yourself some" She smiled before leaving my doorway and to her own room at the end of the hallway. Prom? Who would send me an invite to prom this early? Maybe it was one of my friends' birthday? No, all of their birthdays passed already, so what could this letter be? Looking at the clock that sat on my nightstand next to my marshmallow lamp that read 8:50. I have 10 minutes to get to class. "Shit." I mumble before throwing the blanket off of my legs and making a mad dash to my closet, grabbing the nearest and easiest thing my hand could reach for which was a light blue, bleached pair of overalls and a black sweatshirt that stopped just below my hip.

My hair. My hair was a mess. Without a second to spare, I ran to the bathroom and grabbed the brush to at least tame the wild mess that I called a hairstyle-. I brushed my teeth and grabbed my bag which was conveniently placed next to the fancy letter. There was no time to put on my shoes so I grabbed my bag, threw the invitation in my bag and picked up my shoes before bolting to my car.

>——𝐸——<

I had just barely made it to the university building my first class was in, with a few minutes to spare. I decided to open the fancy little envelope. It hadn't occurred to me just how fancy this invitation was. The envelope was a dark cream color that seemed to be stained with another color here and there. There was an iridescent, black wax seal with a very prominent and very fancy "E" in the center. E? Did I know anyone with the initial E? Maybe it was the location. But there weren't any places near my home with the Initial E- hmm. Either way, carefully as to not damage the wax seal, I peeled it back from the paper, which in turned ripped the paper in the process. I check the clock on my car, I have 3 minutes. Better open this thing up. I finished opening the letter haphazardly, unfolding the contents inside and was greeted with the neatest cursive humanly possible. It read:

𝓖𝓻𝓮𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼, 𝓰𝓾𝓮𝓼𝓽.