Chapter 13: Girl Meets Overload

A/N: Thank you for all the love on this fic! I appreciate every single comment!

"Life has many ways of testing a person's will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once." — Paulo Coelho

The drapes were drawn, and the lights were off. The darkness allowed her to melt into herself. Riley sat at the bay window, with her knees tucked under her chin as she cried softly. The sun had begun to set, and it allowed her room to darken by the minute. She didn't want to leave this room, not for a long while.

A knock broke her out of her thoughts and she saw Maya on the fire escape. Riley had locked the window as soon as she got home. She unlocked the window and Maya crept into the room slowly. Riley moved over to allow Maya to sit next to her, and the two sat in silence. Maya sighed and turned to Riley who sniffled.

"I don't know how to start or fix this," Maya whispered and Riley sighed.

"You can't ... what happened?" Riley asked and Maya played with her fingers.

Riley had been shuffled away after her accusation by Cory and rushed her out of the school. She felt Lucas slip from her fingers as security pulled everyone away. Cory had shoved her into an Uber and Riley watched him disappear back into the school.

"Cops came, they took Billy away but I don't know what else happened with him. Farkle, Smackle, and I directed Lucas and Zay out another way. Charlie just disappeared. I made sure the boys got home okay and I rushed over," Maya said.

Riley nodded and kept her knees tucked underneath her. Maya was hesitant but she placed her hand on Riley's back. Riley sniffled and burst into tears as Maya caressed her back. Maya wrapped her arms around Riley as she sobbed in her arms.

"This will be fixed Riles, we will figure this out" Maya soothed.

"I should have known," Riley confessed and Maya pulled away.

"What do you mean?" Maya asked.

"Billy has always hated me, god, any time I tried to talk to him, he brushed me off, for years I could never get him to like me, and this whole time, he was the one who attacked me!" Riley cried.

"How sure are you? That is a big accusation, not that I don't believe you, but how do you know?" Maya asked.

"My underwear, um he mentioned the ones I was wearing that day. Who would know that, unless you've seen them? Charlie and I have never gone that far? How would he know Maya? How?" Riley asked.

"I believe you, don't worry Riles I believe you," Maya soothed.

Riley heard the front door open and closed, and seized in Maya's arms. She heard the familiar voices of her parents, and she could hear them come closer to her room. Soft knocks stifled Riley and she whispered for them to come in.

Topanga opened the door and flicked the switch to illuminate the room. Both of her parents looked at her, and she could see that they both had the same look. Heartbroken and angry, but also fear of how to approach her.

"Oh honey," Topanga said and Riley sniffled.

Topanga walked over and smoothed Riley's hair. Riley started to sob once more in her mother's arms. Cory stayed his distance and stood in the doorway. Riley clutched Topanga as she cried and tried to talk.

"Riley breathe," Maya whispered and rubbed Riley's back.

"I don't want to go to school, please don't make me go, please Mom, can I just stay home?" Riley asked.