Chapter 2 - Girl Meets Shattered

3 Years Later

"I believe that two people are connected at the heart, and it doesn't matter what you do, or who you are or where you live; there are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together" - Julia Roberts

Riley sat at the counter of her Mother's café and scribbled feverously in her notebook.

"Cake?"

Riley looked up and saw Zay standing in front of her with a slice of chocolate cake. Zay grinned and placed the small dish in front of her notebook. She smiled softly and stuck her finger in the chocolate mousse. Riley brought her finger to her lips and moaned at the taste of the sugar.

"Zay you are awesome! I am glad my Mom gave you this job" Riley commented as Zay passed her a small silver fork.

Zay had scored a job at Topanga's a year ago as a Waiter and it has helped him keep everything on track. Riley wasn't surprised that Zay was good at his job, he loves the people and they love him. Between serving the guest and snacking, he made everyone feel important. He was no longer Robin Lunch; he was Zay Best Waiter Ever.

"Well it does help that you are one of my best friends" Zay said as he took a bite of her cake.

"Zay!" Riley scolded with a laugh.

"Quality assurance" Zay mumbled with his mouth full.

"And?" Riley said as he took another bite.

"It's ok" He joked and Riley let out a laugh.

"Zay Man!" Riley turned around to see Maya walking with a messenger bag.

"No love for me Peaches" Riley said, taking a bite of her cake.

"Well that depends Honey, did you finish the next chapter?" Maya asked.

Riley smiled triumphantly and pulled out her iPad and notebook. Maya grinned and snatched the two out of her hands.

"Riles! You've been holding out on me! Now I can draw Violet and Peaches, I've been lacking some great art time" Maya cooed and flipped through the pages.

"I still can't believe you two are creating a graphic novel" Zay said as he took the last bite of cake and grabbed the plate.

Riley titled her head in disbelief of Zay eating her snack and let out a chuckle. Yet he was right who knew that Riley Matthews could write so well. It was well known Maya had amazing artistic abilities, but one day Farkle and Maya read a short story that Riley wrote. They couldn't believe that Riley had a way to convey her emotions onto paper.

So junior year Riley and Maya began writing a series called Violet and Peaches. The series was about two best friends that fought crimes and had the ability to turn into cats. It was a silly idea, but anything could be possible in their world.

Their little crew actually would have weekly meet up and read the adventures and discuss what they believe should happen next. Maya would sketch the new ideas and Riley would write it all down. Farkle has even suggested that they submit it to publishing companies to get offers. However Riley declines every time while Maya boasts about being the next great graphic designer.

"Believe it Zay!" Maya said and stopped at a page.

"Riles this is it, this is Violet and Peaches next adventure, I love it" Maya said and a bright smile graced her face,

"Thanks" Riley said and shrugged.

"No drawing Maya we have to head to the Homecoming Game!" Zay said as Maya pulled out her sketchbook.