ぃ ゚. ❝ chapter 3 : Cynosure ⸙

one who is the focus of admiration; the center of attention.
❛ ━━━━━━・❪❀❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜
⌒ . ⌒ . ⌒ . ⌒ . ⌒ . ⌒ . ⌒ . ⌒ . ⌒

"Cooking- "

"So I wasn't wrong about the eating part except I'm not eating!!"

"I guess I can cook, but that really came out of nowhere.."

"We're here to take the Hunter Exam!" One of the participants spoke up.

"Well.. Your challenge for the 2nd phase is to cook a dish that will satisfy the both of us" Menchi said

"Why so we have to cook?!" Another participation yelled.

"The participants really can't read the room.. She's no doubt serious about this, but how would this exactly prove that we are worthy of becoming Hunters?" I continue to think " This phase has a lot of holes in it that need to be improved."

"That's because we are Gourmet Hunters!" Menchi spoke up.

Eh.

What.

The participants started burst out laughing, mocking Menchi for what she said earlier.

"So, Gourmet Hunters, what are we supposed to make?" A participant asked. Menchi called out Buhara and he stepped out.

"The required ingredient is pork, you can get it from the Biska Forest pigs." Buhara said, "You must use the cooking tools here to prepare the pork." he continued

"You'll only pass if we both find it delicious" Buhara finished. "And we won't just evaluate it just based by taste, don't underestimate the intricacies of cooking, got it?" Menchi continued to speak right after Buhara. "When we've both eaten our fill, the exam will end."

"We get it, we get it. Let's just start now." A participant said.

"Alright then, the 2nd phase of the exam." Buhara said, then he smacked his belly which created a ringing noise ( a/n: LMAO ) "begins now!"

Right after the exam was announced to begin, everyone rushed out of the entrance to enter the big forest.

As I went out into the forest, I took out my sword from my bag and started walking around but I couldn't spot any pigs nor any other animal in fact.

After a while, I heard big loud thuds coming near me and then I saw that same group with Gon and Killua running to get away from something? As I looked closer I saw a gigantic herd of Pigs??

I jumped out of the way as the pig's big snout horn thing sended the other participants flying in the air.

"H-how am I supposed to catch this?!"

"I'm literally not even half it's size!"

I tried my best to properly avoid literally being sent flying in the air until I noticed one pig that was targeting Gon bumped into a tree and the fruits from them directly landed on the pig which fairly injured them.

"Could it be?-"

Gon then jumped really high and smacked his fishing rod on the pig's forehead which killed the pig as a result.

"OH- I now see why they have such a big nose in the first place"

I placed my sword back into the bag and hold it tightly, I ran to a nearby pig and jumped high up in the air and slammed my sword right into the forehead of the pig.

"That was a hassle but I would like to thank the gods for letting me have eyes and see Gon kill that pig as a reference"

I picked up the pig and surprisingly I was able to carry it all the way back to the location of the 2nd phase.